Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam is one of the oldest, renowned and recognized Government Medical Colleges of South India affiliated to NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada and approved by Medical Council of India. Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam was established in pre independent India i.e. in the year 1923 with an aim to provide quality medical education to the students coming from different parts of India and to provide healthcare and medical services to the people of the surrounding areas. Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam has the approval to take admission of 250 students every year in MBBS Course. Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam also offers Post Graduate programs i.e. MD/MS the seats are offered in different departments of Medical Sciences i.e. Microbiology, Anaesthesia, Dermatology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, etc. Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam also offers D.M/M.Ch. course which is super speciality.
The institute has many hospitals attached to it namely- King George Hospital (KGH) and a number of other regional hospitals as Government Chest Hospital , Government ENT , Regional Eye Hospital and Government Hospital for Mental Care, Visakhapatnam. The main aim of all these hospitals is to provide medical facility to the nearby rural and urban areas. The Hospital that is in the college premises have 1000 teaching beds and there are many OPD’s for all the departments i.e. Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, ENT, etc. The emergency facility is provided 24X7. There are different number of beds in the abovementioned hospitals with all the modern facilities, equipments and technology. The hospital also has many beds for critical and Emergency Department. There are major and minor Operation theatres. The hospital also has Intensive care Unit, Trauma centre, RICU, BICU, etc. to provide help at the time of medical emergencies. The hospital resided at the institute also has a 24X7 blood bank. There is one central Pathology lab used to provide medical tests like blood tests, Urine Tests, etc. There is also availability of different diagnostics available like- Ultrasound, Color Doppler, X rays, etc.
Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam has a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern facility/technology. It also provides adequate number of non-technical staff to provide an environment of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Facts in brief about Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
|Established under||NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Total courses||MBBS, MD/MS, M.Ch.|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India, MCI|
|Affiliated with||NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Aid Status||Government College|
|Category||MBBS/Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh|
Courses offered by Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
Undergraduate courses at (Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam):
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery:-
The MBBS is a 5.6 yeas (4.6 years academic education + 1 year obligatory rotatory internship) UG degree programme leading to the two degrees as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery known as MBBS. The MBBS is a course that can be selected by a person who desires to be a doctor and have 12th with Science Background. The students, who have cleared the Senior Secondary (12th Class) examination and they had (P.C.B.) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard, can apply for the MBBS degree course.
The MBBS is the one and the only course in India to become a medical practitioner. The MBBS course contains the basic subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-chemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology,
Micro-biology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine.
MBBS is the course with practical training which is five years long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of diseases as the college and the hospital are generally nearby to each other or may resides in the same facilities with different areas specified. MBBS course also contains a year long i.e. 12-month-long internship, in which an intern has to come across various specialties. Besides standard clinical care, one also gets a methodical experience of ward management, staff management, and thorough analysis skills.
The total number of seats for MBBS course at Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, VISHAKAPATNAM is 250.
Post Graduate Courses at Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
Doctorate of Medicine also known as MD:
Doctorate of Medicine (MD) is a 3-year doctorate program meant to study medicine in detail. The course comprises of the learning process from the first step of symptoms analysis till the treatment is provided.
Doctorate of Surgery:
Doctorate of Surgery (MS) is a 3 years doctorate program which is followed by MBBS. At this course, practitioners are given details of how to treat the patients with surgical treatments. This course has practical in its core which is substantial on having practical knowledge of conducting operations (surgeries). This could be termed as general surgery related to different organs of the body i.e. stomach, intestines, appendicitis, etc.
DM (Doctorate of Medicine): This is the course that is advanced and opted by the student after completing his/her Post Graduation in MS/MD. The student after completing this degree course gets a Super Speciality Degree. The Duration of this course is 3 years.
|S. No.||Course Name||Intake|
- Ch. (Magister of Chirurgiae or Master of Surgery): It is the highest degree given in the surgical field. This program is also advanced program and opted by the Students after completing his/her Post Graduation in the field of medical.
|S. No.||Course Name||Intake|
|3.||M.Ch (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery)||02|
|4.||M.Ch (Paediatric Surgery)||01|
Eligibility Criteria & Admissions Process at (Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam) :
Age Criteria: The candidate applying for MBBS must attained 17 years of age or above as on 31-Dec of the admission year. The maximum age limit for getting admission in MBBS course is 25 years.
Educational Qualification: All Higher Secondary School qualified their 12th Class in science stream including biology or bio-technology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(For SC/ST category 40% marks is required in board exams; 45% for OBC Category)
Admission Process: It is necessary for medical aspirants to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th class who wish to get MBBS admission. All the Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities will be based on NEET scores and the seats for all colleges / institutions / universities will be offered through counselling based on the eligibility Score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
For Post Graduate/Diploma Courses:
- Students who hold MBBS Degree and are registered to Medical Council of India are eligible to apply for admission to MD, MS and Diploma Courses
- For MD, MS and Diploma courses admission to the eligible candidates is given on the basis of their merit in NEET-PG.
For Super Speciality Courses (DM/M.Ch):
- Students who hold MD/MS Degree and are registered to Medical Council of India.
- For DM/M.Ch the eligible candidates is given admission on the basis of their merit in NEET-PG.
NEET Cutoff 2021
CUT-OFF PERCENTILE AND SCORE AS PER MCI/DCI REGULATIONS
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
|OBC- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||157|
|SC- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||59|
|ST- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||14|
Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam NEET Cutoff 2020
|Government/Private Medical College||OC||EWS||BCA||BCB||BCC||BCD|
|Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam||12680||617||18654||603||23623||592||20998||598||–||–||15382||610|
Seat Matrix of Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
|Name of the College||Govt. / Private||Total Intake Seats||AIQ Seats||Cat- A (Govt Seat)|
|Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam||Govt||250||37||213|
MBBS Course fee at Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam (Approx)
Name of College
Annual Fee (₹)
Category C (NRI)
Andhra Medical College, Vishakapatnam
Campus Facilities at Andhra Medical College, Vishakapatnam
HOSTEL: There are different hostels for boys and girls. Residential staff quarters are also there for all the staff members of the hospital and college. All the rooms of the Hostels are equipped with all basic amenities i.e. recreation, indoor games, gym, television, internet, cafeteria, lockers, etc.
Auditorium: The College has an auditorium with seating capacity of 1000 students which is fully air conditioned for the purpose of seminars, cultural activities, etc. held at the college time to time. There is adequate availability of modern facilities i.e. Microphone, OHP’s, LCD screen, etc.
Lecture Theatres: There are 6 lecture theatres having 240 seating capacity in each and 1 lecture hall having seating capacity of 500. There is availability of proper availability of Audio Video Aids helping students to understand the medical education in a better way. The Lecture Theatres can also be treated for the venue of seminars and conferences.
Demonstration Halls: There are many demonstration Halls with the enough availability of seating capacity to teach students in a better way.
Laboratories: For different departments of medical subjects there are different labs with different seating capacity in each of them. The laboratories are equipped with all the clinical material to understand and conduct experiments.
Central Library: There is one centralised library which is air conditioned with a rich collection of books, Indian and International journals. The library has a seating capacity of 200 students or staff members. There are 25 computers to facilitate students who used to study online journals or references.
Canteen: There is a canteen and cafeteria to provide healthy and hygienic food to the students and staff.
Playground: There is ample scope for the students to be physically fit by participating in different games offered by the college which is indoor as well as outdoor.
Apart from this the college has arrangements for clean and safe drinking water, 24X7 Security, Separate toilets, Banking facility i.e. ATM, CCTV cameras, etc.
ANDHRA PRADESH NEET COUNSELLING 2021
ABOUT ANDHRA PRADESH NEET COUNSELLING 2021: Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijaywada is the competent authority responsible for conducting ANDHRA PRADESH MBBS counselling for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges of ANDHRA PRADESH.
Andhra Pradesh MBBS counselling 2021 will be conducted on the basis scores obtained in NEET. The online counselling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counselling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for Andhra Pradesh Counselling 2021: The counselling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counselling a mop up round is called off to fill vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counselling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Application- Applicant willing to appear in counselling rounds of the admission process must follow the required steps in order to fill in the application form:
- Candidates must log in to the official website of NTR University of Health Sciences i.e. ntruhs.ap.nic.in and have to create unique security key and password which they are provided after the verification of the documents.
- After that they have to continue to fill the form with personal and academic details with accuracy.
- Scanned copy of the following with the below mentioned file size is to be uploaded
- Photograph & Signature file size (20Kb to 50Kb).
- 10th Class & 12th class Mark Sheet (100Kb to 150Kb).
- After all this the applicants have to pay Rs. 3540 for General/OBC Category and Rs.2950 for the SC/ST/PWD as the counselling fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counselling. The counselling fee is non refundable.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the counselling fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college as the seat allotment is based on his choice selection.
Step 3: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them. A list of candidates who had registered for ANDHRA PRADESH NEET 2021 is released by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. The list is associated with the schedule for offline verification of the documents.
Step 4: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant.
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- AP Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
Address of Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
Andhra Medical College
Maharanipeta , Visakhapatnam – 530002,
Contact No.: +91 891 2561157 / 2712258
FAQ on Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam:
Q.1 What are the courses offered in MD/MS. Course at Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam?
Ans. The Different courses with intake capacity for MD/MS. Course is given below
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counselling centre which provides counselling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counsellor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at-
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org