ULSAT 2020 : University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun is responsible for conducting the computer based test (CBT) UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) 2020 from May 8-15, 2020 (Tentative). ULSAT 2020 is organised in order to provide admissions to five-year integrated law programmes i.e. B.Sc.L.L.B, B.Tech L.L.B, B.Com L.L.B, B.A L.L.B and B.B.A L.LB. The admission to 5-year integrated law programmes at UPES Dehradun is also done without taking ULSAT 2020 under this the admissions are given through the non-exam route which is based on Class 12 board merit, CLAT merit or LSAT India merit scores in which around 20% of the seats are offered through this route. However, it is mandatory for the candidates to meet the basic eligible criteria set by the university in the official website. Candidates who were given opportunity through non exam route must go through GD-PI process
About University of Petroleum Energy Studie ULSAT 2020:
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies is ranked No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand. UPES offers degree and doctoral courses in the field of Petroleum and Energy. Admissions are done on the basis of either on merit or entrance exams. The university came in existence in the year 2003 under an Act of the Government of Uttrakhand. UPES is the first public-private University of India. UPES has six schools that offer courses i.e. around 150 UG, PG and doctorate programmes. It offers specialisation in the core segments of:
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies facts in Brief
||5 courses in one stream B.Sc.L.L.B, B.Tech L.L.B, B.Com L.L.B, B.A L.L.B and B.B.A L.LB.|
||Bar Council of India,|
||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
UPES, Contact details:
P.O. Kandoli Via-Prem Nagar,
Tel: +91-8171979021, 22, 23, +91-7060111775
Syllabus for ULSAT 2020
Language Comprehension: The English language consists of contents like: Reading comprehension, Para jumbles, Synonyms, Antonyms, Homonyms, Vocabulary, One Word Substitution, Precise writing, Idioms, Figures of Speech, Proverbs and other Grammar portions.
Quantitative and Numerical Ability: Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical Analysis, Deductive Reasoning, Algebra, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Odd-Even Discretion, Area, Volume, Logical Fallacy, Analogy, Syllogism Agreement and Disagreement.
Logical Reasoning: The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, agreement or disagreement, logical links and rectify illogical arguments, sorting out the odd one out, Blood Relations, Series, Directions, Critical Reasoning, Syllogism, Analogy, etc
Legal General Knowledge: International events, UN bodies, Major developments in the areas of sports, Awards in India and Abroad, national developments i.e. plans, projects, announcements, change in the existing law systems, geopolitics and important environmental agreements, Current affairs, Eminent personalities, Sports events, etc
Legal Aptitude: Legal terms, Indian Constitution, its structure, sections and schedules, Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity Contracts and Constitutional Law, Torts, Vicarious Liability, Contracts and Constitutional Law
IPC and CRPC, Law of Strict Liability, Law of Crimes, International Law, Intellectual Property Rights and Law.
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for ULSAT 2020.
Mode of Examination – Online Mode i.e. via computer
Type of Questions – Objective type (MCQs)
Duration of the exam – 180 Minutes i.e. 3 Hours
Marking Scheme – 01 Marks will be awarded for each correct Answer
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
|S.No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|1.||Language Comprehension||30||30||180 Minutes|
|2.||Quantitative and Numerical Ability||30||30|
|4.||Legal General Knowledge||30||30|
ULSAT 2020: Exam Dates
The official has been released by UPES the exam conducting body
Important Dates related to ULSAT 2020
|Application form||September 06, 2019|
|Application form – Deadline||May 03, 2020|
|Admit card release date||April 18, 2020|
|Examination Date||May 08 to May 15, 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last week of July, 2020|
ULSAT 2020, Exam Centres
- The online mode examination for ULSAT 2020 will be conducted across 100 cities all over India.
- While filling in ULSAT Application Form, choose any three preferences as their test cities.
- The List of Test cities are given below.
|Test City||City Code||Test City||City Code|
|Bokaro Steel City||21||New Delhi||71|
Id Proof: Candidates are advised to carry the admit card alongwith a valid ID proof failing to which the candidate is not allowed to sit in the examination. Students are also requested to reach the exam centre one hour before the examination starts, so that they can go through the initial process of verification. Latecomers to the exam centres were not permitted to write the ULSAT 2020 exam
ULSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Criteria 1 – on basis of ULSAT entrance exam
- Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in Class 10th and 12th standard
- Candidates seeking admissions to BSc LLB course should have scored 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard.
- MBBS Admission Consultants in India
Criteria 2 – on basis of CLAT/LSAT India scores
- Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in Class 10th and 12th standard.
- Candidates should have cleared CLAT exam under All India rank 10000, and LSAT India exam with at least 60 percentile.
- Candidates who are applying under this criteria need not to appear for ULSAT exam
Criteria 3 – on basis of Class 12th merit
- Candidates should have obtained at least 85% marks in ‘best of five subjects’ in their 10th and 12th standard
- The best five subjects must have include English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates applying under this criteria need not to appear for ULSAT exam
ULSAT 2020 Application Form
The application form is to be filled as this is the first step towards the admission process and it is to be filled very carefully.
Steps to fill Application form:
- Visit the official website of UPES
- Click on the box where mentioned ‘Apply Now’ on the page.
- Click the button and a form appear for filling in the details like (Personal/ Aadhaar/ Test Center/ Academic) and upload your Photo, signature, etc
- At the end of the process a candidate is to deposit the fee through online mode i.e. via Debit/Credit/UPI payment
- Once the payment is made, the receipt will appear and it is actually the confirmation page that the payment is accepted.
- Save the page on desktop and take a print out of the same for future references in the process of admission
ULSAT Application Fees:
The Fees for the application for ULSAT is same for all the category of society i.e. INR 1350
ULSAT 2020: Admit Card
Aspirants can download their Hall ticket cum admit card from the official website. There is no provision for sending the Admit card via post/e-mail in ULSAT 2020.The admit card issued to those aspirants only who have completed the process of Application i.e. filling in the details and paying the application fee to the exam conducting body. To download the admit card students must enter the credentials and passwords provided to them at the time of filling the application form. Students must check the complete detailing mentioned in the admit card and take few copies for the future references as well.
ULSAT 2020 Result:
The result of ULSAT 2020 will be declared on the official website. On the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the entrance exam, separate Merit List will be prepared. Candidate can check their result by providing the Registration/Roll number and Password. The result is declared in the form of score card. The score card also specifies the rank of the candidates. It must be check on the website as the score card is not sent through e-mail or post.
ULSAT 2020 Counselling
Candidate having their names in the merit list will be considered eligible to participate in the ULSAT 2020 Counselling. In order to participate in counselling candidate must be physically present at the reporting centre on time and date mentioned in their score card and he has to further go through the session of GD and PI in order to confirm his seat
All the candidates have to bring the following original documents along with 2 self-attested photocopies for verification on the day of counselling:
- Self-Attested copy of Marks Statement of 10th and 12th board examinations
- ULSAT 2020 Scorecard/ULSAT 2020 admission letter will be issued by UPES Dehradun
- Self-Attested copy of Character Certificate from the School last attended
- Self-Attested copy of Transfer Certificate
Q: What is the address of UPES, Dehradun?
A: The address of UPES, Dehradun is
P.O. Kandoli Via-Prem Nagar,
Tel: +91-8171979021, 22, 23, +91-7060111775