University of Allahabad, Faculty of Law, Prayagraj, LAT (Law Admission Test)
Allahabad University Law Admission Test AULAT
University of Allahabad is one of the most prominent and excellent university providing quality education from past 133 years, thus creating and providing noble souls and nation builders to this country. The University has given its best products in India as well as in abroad in various fields like Politics, Administration, Law, Science, Technology, etc. The University is thriving hard in shaping the future of the students. The real source of a country’s development is its human resource and the University understood this and thus utilizing their energy and desire to contribute his/her best to the society and the output is a thoughtful and knowledgeable person who may contribute his best for the development of the society and the nation. University of Allahabad has a dynamic Law Department which offers Undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) as well as doctoral courses to students every year. It offers BA.LLB, LL.B, LL.M, D.Phil. and LL.D degree under the department of Law. Students seeking admission to the Bachelor of Law (LL.B) programme must possess a graduation degree in any discipline. Admission of candidates to LL.B programme is done on the basis of their performance in LAT to be. Candidates can register for admission by filling and submitting the online application form, starting from the first week of April to the first week of May every year.
Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad Facts in Brief
|· Established in||1887|
|· Established under||University of Allahabad, UGC|
|· Total courses||3 courses in 1 stream, i.e. LLB (H), LLB (I) i.e BA LLB and LLM|
|· Approved by
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi|
|· Affiliated with||University of Allahabad, UGC|
|· Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad, Contact details:
Address: Senate House Campus
University Road, Old Katra
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211002
Phone: 0532 – 246 1083
About Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad Law Admission Test (LAT 2020):
Allahabad University Law Admission Test (Allahabad University LAT) is a university-level entrance examination conducted by the Allahabad University. Allahabad University LAT 2020 would be designed to test the aptitude of candidates seeking admission to the 3-year three-year LLB program. This year, Allahabad University LAT 2020 will be conducted on May 20-22, 2020 (Tentative). Allahabad University LAT 2020 Entrance Test will be pencil & paper-based.
For the Three year-long LL.B course, the candidates must appear for the Law Admission Test.
LAT 2020 will comprise of 150 questions of 300 marks.
Admissions will be granted strictly in order of merit determined on the basis of the computed Test Score of the applicant. All the Law aspirants belonging to General Category are required to attain a minimum of 30% (27% for OBC category) marks to qualify and to get admission. However, there is no qualifying mark for SC/ST, PH, and EW/TW category students.
Pattern of Questions:
Subjects – Number of Questions
Language Comprehension 50
General Awareness & Current Affairs 50
Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal
The Total marks for these subjects are 300.
- Language Comprehension: The English language consists of contents like: Reading comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Homonyms, Vocabulary, One Word Substitution, Idioms, Figures of Speech, Proverbs and other Grammar portions.
- General Awareness & Current Affairs: Indian & World History, Geography, Environment, Indian Culture, Constitution, Legal System, Treaties, Science and Technology, Indian National Movement, etc
- Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude: Mental and Logical reasoning, Deductive Reasoning, Logical fallacy, Analogy, Syllogism, Agreement and Disagreement, etc
Allahabad University LAT 2020:
The official notification to fill LAT 2020 Application Form will be released by Allahabad University in the month of April 2020. Candidates can check the exam scheduled as given below:
Important Dates related to Allahabad University, LAT 2020 Application Form:
|Application form||April 15, 2020|
|Application form – Deadline||May 08, 2020|
|Admit card release date||May 15, 2020|
|Examination Date||May 20 – 22, 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 10, 2020|
University of Allahabad, LAT 2020 Reservation of Seats:
The University of Law, Faculty of Law, Quota Seats are distributed among the different category students as follows:
Physical Challenged: Candidates will be considered eligible for admission under PC Category, who is having 40% disabilities in consonance with Section-39 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Participation) Act, 1995. As the institution is not having adequate facilities, the candidates having locomotory disabilities are only eligible to apply.
Allahabad University LAT 2020, Exam Centres:
Exam Centre: Allahabad University LAT 2020 will be conducted in Allahabad University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Id Proof: Candidates must carry a valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the exam centre without fail. Candidates without the Admit Card will not be allowed to write Allahabad University LAT 2020.
Note: Candidates must make sure that they should be present 1 hour before the prescribed timing for the verification process, latecomers are not allowed to appear for the exam at any circumstance.
Eligibility Criteria for LLB at University of Allahabad, LAT 2020:
For being eligible to appear for LAT 2020, aspiring candidates are needed to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria.
- Successful completion of graduation from a recognized institute.
- A minimum aggregate score of 45% at the level of graduation (42% for OBC candidates, 40% for SC/ST candidates)
- English as one of the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- Candidates appearing for the final year graduation examinations are also eligible to apply for LAT 2020.
- As per the Bar Council of India, candidates having completed graduation via the distance mode of education will not be allowed to take the LAT 2020.
The age bar for LAT has been removed by the Allahabad High Court.
How to fill University of Allahabad LAT Application Form 2020
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Registration can be done only in the online mode.
The last date to pay the application fee and submit the application form will be in the month of May 2020. Candidates are advised to fill the Application Form before the university stops accepting applications.
Candidates are also advised to keep a copy of the completely filled Application Form as it may be required during the Admission Process.
The procedure to apply for the exam is detailed below as steps:
- Visit the official application form link of Allahabad University LAT 2020.
- Click on ‘Go to Registration’.
- Enter your basic details like name, Father’s Name, Date f Birth, email address, mobile number, preferred program and department.
- Confirm the details and click on Submit.
- Candidates will receive the application number and OTP (One Time Password).
- Sign in to your account using application number and OTP received.
- Candidate will receive their Application number and OTP on their registered email address and mobile number.
- Enter all the personal and academic details required in the application form.
- Upload recent passport-size photograph and scanned signature (Maximum file size 50 KB for each).
- Pay the application fees through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card or offline via e-challan.
- Review the details entered in the form, make changes, if necessary, and click on Submit button.
University of Allahabad, LAT 2020:- Application Form:
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Application Fee is INR 600 for General &OBC candidates, and INR 300 for SC/ ST/ PH candidates, and can be submitted through any branch of HDFC Bank in India.
Allahabad University LAT 2020:- Admit Card:
Candidates would be able to download their Allahabad University LAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website 1 week before the exam. Admit Card will not be sent to candidates through post/ email.
To download the Admit Card, candidates would need to enter their assigned application number and date of birth.
University of Allahabad, LAT 2020:- Result:
The result of University of Allahabad, LAT 2020 will be declared on the official website of University of Allahabad. On the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the entrance exam, separate Merit List will be prepared. Candidate can check their result by providing the Application number.
The students who will qualify the Entrance Exam will be able to download their rank cards from the official website by providing their application number. The candidate having a rank above the cut-off rank shall be invited for counselling.
Allahabad University LAT 2020: Counselling
Allahabad University LAT 2020
Counselling will begin a few weeks after the declaration of results. Candidates will have to regularly check the official website to get an idea of the schedule of counselling and Merit list for Allahabad University LAT 2020.
Allahabad University LAT 2020
Counselling process would involve:
- Document verification
- Final seat allotment.
Seat Allotment will take place based on:
- Candidate’s rank
- Availability of seats.
- A counselling fee needs to be paid by candidates at the time of attending the counselling.
- Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done in the sequential order based on LAT 2020 ranks.
- Candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them accordingly.
- The process would consist of certificate and document-verification.
- Candidates shortlisted for the counselling round need to carry the following documents in the original, besides 2 sets of photocopies:
- LAT 2020 Rank Card and Hall Ticket.
- Statements of Marks and Provisional/ Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificates.
- Class X and XII Mark sheets and Certificates.
- Domicile Certificate.
- 6 passport-size photographs.
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc.).
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Allahabad University LAT 2020
- Migration Certificate (if applicable).
Q-1 How many courses are offered by University of Allahabad, Faculty of Law?
Ans: University of Allahabad, Faculty of Law offers 3 courses in one stream i.e. Law (B.A. LLB., LLB and L.L.M.).
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be very grateful to you!