UPSEE 2020: Application Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
I want a call from this College
What is UPSEE Exam?
UPSEE, expanded as UP State Entrance Examination is a state-level entrance exam designed for engineering colleges of degree level and other professional educational institutes. UPSEE exam is conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP every year. Aspirants for various Postgraduates and Undergraduates programs of different streams are selected based on the score of the UPSEE entrance exam.
Programs offered to candidates based on their scores in the UPSEE exam are: Engineering, Agriculture, Architecture, Pharmaceuticals, Fashion Designing, Hotel Management, MBA, MAM, MCA etc. In some of the programs, the option of lateral entry is present as well.
The expected UPSEE 2020 exam date is May 10 ,2020.
UPSEE Exam pattern:
For the applicants to score well in the UPSEE exam, it is important to have a thorough knowledge of the UPSEE exam syllabus as well as the exam pattern. Analyzing the question pattern in accordance with the given syllabus is an important strategy to score high marks in the exam as it will help the candidates understand and answer the questions that might appear in the examination better.
The total number of papers included in the UPSEE entrance exam syllabus is 11. UPSEE exam mode is a combination of both online and offline exams.
UPSEE Course Details:
- Paper 1: Tech. / B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.Des./ MCA(Integrated)
- Paper 1 or Paper 2:Tech. (Bio-Technology)
- Paper 2:Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) only
- Paper 3:Pharm
- Paper 4:Arch
- Paper 5:BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA(Integrated)
- Paper 6: Tech. 2ndYear (for Engg. Diploma Holders)
- Paper 7: Pharm 2ndYear (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)
- Paper 8: Tech. 2ndYear (for B. Sc. Graduates)
- Paper 9:MBA
- Paper 10:MCA
- Paper 11:2nd Year MCA
UPSEE 2020 Important Dates:
An idea about the tentative schedule for the UPSEE can help a student prepare accordingly. UPSEE College The data presented below is not finalized and is liable to change according to further updates by the authority.
UPSEE exam 2020 date has been tentatively set as 10th May, 2020
|Exam Schedule||Tentative Dates|
|Release of online application form||4th week of January 2020|
|Last date of form submission||Last week of March 2020|
|Correction window||4th week of March 2020 to 1st week of April 2020|
|Issue of Admit card||3rd week of April 2020|
|Exam Date||10th May 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling||Last week of June 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSEE Examination:
UPSEE entrance exam criteria vary according to the courses the candidate is aspiring for.
- Criteria for B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Des. / B.Pharm. / BFAD / BHMCT / BFA / MBA (integrated) and MCA (integrated):
- For B.Tech. / B.Pharm. / B.Des. / BHMCT / BFA / BFAD / MBA (Integrated) and MCA (Integrated), candidates must have passed the UP Board intermediate examination or class 12th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board or university with a minimum aggregate of 45 %. (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates aspiring for B.Arch. must have passed the UP Board Intermediate or its equivalent from a recognized board/university or a 3-year Diploma course in Architecture with a minimum of 50% without any grace marks in all of the compulsory subjects as well as any one optional subject.
- Criteria for MBA/MCA:
- For MBA aspirants, the candidate should have passed Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years duration or its equivalent from a recognized university with a minimum of 50 % marks (40% for SC/ST).
- For MCA, the candidate should have passed in the subject of Mathematics at 10+2 and Graduation level.
List of Subjects Compulsory for Appearing in the Qualifying Examination:
- B.Tech/B.Des/MCA (Integrated): Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- B.Tech.(Bio-Technology): Physics, Mathematics OR Biology, Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- B.Pharm: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational Subject.
- B.Arch: Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Science / Biology / Engineering Drawing / Technical Vocational subject.
- B.Tech. (Agriculture Engg.): Subjects related to Agriculture
- BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA(Integrated): Graduate from any discipline
- MCA: Mathematics in 10+2 or Graduation level.
UPSEE Exam Application Form 2020:
Applicants for UPSEE entrance exam 2020 can download and submit the UPSEE exam form 2020 only via online mode. It is mandatory to have the Aadhar Card for successfully filling up the form. After entering personal details of the candidate in the form, a unique application number and password is generated. Candidates will also be asked to submit scanned copies of their photograph and signature online to complete the procedure. It is important to review the form for correction of erroneous details, if any, before the final submission.
A predetermined amount has to be paid by the applicant for submission of application form through Net Banking / Credit Cards / Debit Cards / UPI wallets.
Given below is an estimate of the UPSEE exam fee to be paid by the candidates:
|Male/ Transgender candidates of General and OBC category||Rs. 1300/-|
|Female/ Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories/ SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 650/-|
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern:
A candidate can familiarize themselves with the UPSEEE exam pattern as an effective strategy for better preparation as given below:
|Total Papers||Eleven (11)|
|Number of Questions||Paper 1,2,3: 100 questions
Paper 4: 100 questions from Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity and 2 questions to test drawing aptitude
Paper 5, 6, 7, 8: 75 questions
Paper 9, 10, 11: 100 questions
|Examination Mode||Paper 1, 2, 3, 4: OMR-based
Remaining papers: Computer-Based
|Language of the paper||All question papers for UG admissions (except Paper 4) will be in Hindi and English.
Part B of Paper 4 can be opted either in English or in Hindi
|Type of Questions||Objective type (except Drawing Aptitude Test (Part-B of paper 4))|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks will be awarded for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
UPSEE Exam Syllabus 2020:
The syllabus for UPSEE 2020 is different according to the course opted by the candidates. A single syllabus is not followed for all the exams. However, candidates can prepare the relevant subjects from the syllabus of class 11th and 12th for a grasp of the basics.
UPSEE Exam Admit Card:
UPSEE 2020 Admit card can be obtained from the official website of AKTU. It is important for students to thoroughly check their admit cards for errors. In case of a discrepancy, students are to immediately report to the authorities for rectification of the same. Students should carry a hard copy of their admit cards while appearing in the exam hall, without which entry will be denied.
UPSEE 2020 Result:
Declaration of UPSEE result 2020 is published on the basis of scores obtained by the applicants in the different courses. The published result is in the form of a merit list for each of the courses and is available on the official website of AKTU.
- Is Uptu and Upsee same?
Ans.: UPTU aka AKTU is an university that conducts the UPSEE for admission into various technical courses under it.
- How can I get admission in Uptu?
Ans.: For admission in UPTU, candidates must have cleared the UPSEE exam and have a minimum aggregate percentage of 45% (40% for SC, ST) in 10 + 2 or equivalent exams along with the required compulsory subjects.
- Who will conduct UPSEE 2020?
Ans.: UPSEE 2020 will be conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU)
- Is UPSEE conducted online or offline?
Ans.: UPSEE is conducted as a combination of both online and offline mode.
- Is there an age limit for UPSEE 2020?
- How many times is UPSEE held in a year?
Ans.: UPSEE is conducted once every year around the month of May.
- Are the applications submitted online or offline?
Ans.: Application forms are submitted only via online mode.
- In case I have any issue while filling the application, whom should I contact?
Ans.: In case of any issue while filling the form, an application should be forwarded to the Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow (U.P.).
- Are there any reservation criteria in UPSEE?
Ans.: Reservation in UPSEE is both horizontal and vertical. Reservation also exists for rural area students from U.P., SC / ST candidates, NRI students, candidates from Kashmir and economically weaker meritorious students.
- What is the application fee for UPSEE?
Ans.: Application fee for general / OBC students is Rs. 1300/- and for female / Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories / SC / ST candidates it is Rs. 650/-
- The transaction I did to pay the application fee has failed but the amount has been deducted from my account. What should I do?
Ans.: Contact the nearest bank branch in which you hold an account.
- I have not received the amount debited from my account during the failed transaction. Whom should I contact?
Ans.: Contact the nearest bank branch in which you hold an account.
- What will all details be available on UPSEE scorecard?
Ans.: The personal details of the candidate, the total and subject wise scores, and obtained ranks are available on a UPSEE scorecard.
- How will the Merit list be prepared?
Ans.: Merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s UPSEE score total.
- Are there any specific tie-breaking criteria at the time of declaration of merit list?
Ans.: In case of a tie, the candidate having lesser number of incorrect answers is selected.
- Can I collect my admit card through offline mode?
Ans.: Admit Card for UPSEE is available on the official website of UKTU and can be downloaded from there.
- How can I pay the UPSEE 2020 exam fees?
Ans.: UPSEE 2020 exam fees can be paid online through Credit/ Debit card, net banking or UPI wallet.
- Is there any negative marking in the UPSEE 2020 examination?
- I passed my 12th examination outside UP but I am a resident of UP. Am I eligible for UPSEE 2020?
Ans.: Applicants passing 12th or its equivalent from any recognized university/ board is eligible for UPSEE 2020.
- What is the examination fee for UPSEE 2020?
Ans.: Rs. 1300/- for general students.
- What are the minimum marks required in 10+2 exam to be eligible to appear in UPSEE – 2020?
Ans.: A minimum of 45% aggregate is required for general students and 40% for SC / ST candidates.
- What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
Ans.: Click on the Forgot Password link and follow the link on redirected link to reset password.
- I have forgotten my Application Number, what should I do?
Ans.: Visit the website of upsee.nic.in and click on the “forgot application” link. Select your program and enter the details in the given fields to regenerate Application Number.
We at Admission Advice are adept in helping the students with their process of admission. Choosing the technical field as a profession is a dream of many. To get admitted into good technical colleges, one has to often toil hard, especially when the number of private players in the field is too less. The choice you make at this point of time will determine your career in the long run. We help with the best JEE Main Rank Predictor 2020 ug.
We have a unique concept, conceived and managed by a team of experts from IITs and
NIITs, helping you to get admission into the best colleges of your choice.
You get access to one of the best ways of choosing your colleges, with the help of Admission
With the help of our UPSEE College predictor by marks, you can choose colleges in Delhi NCR,
Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Haryana and Gujarat based
on the ranks.
We guide with the process of getting into the best colleges even with low ranks and most
importantly, without any donation to conmen.
We guide you through the entire process of getting admitted into the best colleges, based
on your ranks.
Our expert guidance helps to get confirmed admission into good colleges, the colleges which
you choose and the ones which you are eligible for, based on your ranks.
We are experts in counseling students for technical exams, for over 9 years now. We have a
huge database of students, that help us in analysing and predicting an accurate result. The
results of our UPSEE rank predictor 2020, are the most accurate compared to other rank predicting tools.