State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow is one of the oldest and premier government ayurvedic colleges. It is also known as State Ayurvedic College (SAC), Lucknow. The college is affiliated to Lucknow University, Lucknow. Government Ayurvedic College, Lucknow aims to create ayurvedic doctors that will cater the needs of the ayurvedic professionals in the country. The college offers Undergraduate BAMS courses and Post Graduate courses (MD/MS), Diploma courses. The syllabus and curriculum is as per the Central Council of Indian Medicine, the statutory body of the Indian System of Medicine, adopted by the University. The institute came into existence to provide cost-effective health services to the nearby region of Lucknow and will help to improve access to health services via Ayurveda for common people of the state without doing any discrimination. The main focus of State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow is to provide quality education with the latest technological advancements in the ayurvedic medicine field. State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow came into existence in the year 1948 to fulfill the needs of ayurvedic professionals with technological advancements in society. State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow is equipped with all the latest scientific equipment and teaching aids to meet the demands of medical students who will keep pace with the fast-changing world.
The institute has a hospital to provide medical facilities to the nearby areas and is connected well to the city. There is IPD facility with 60 in various wards of the hospital. The hospital is a team comprises of skilled faculty, trained paramedical staff which provides medical aid to the needy one. The emergency facility is provided 24X7. The hospital provides health facilities to poor people around the region. The hospital also has an Intensive care Unit to provide help in the time of medical emergency. The hospital resided at the institute also has a 24X7 blood bank. There are Operation theatres. There is one central Pathology lab, X-ray, USG & immunization center that are providing services and the remaining part is utilizing by the Prasuti & Stree Roga Deptt. and Kaumarbhritya Deptt. Four Cabin rooms, nursing room, Faculty chambers, wards, Panchakarma unit, Eye OT, labor rooms, and General OT. There is also a paid cabin facility. The faculty at the campus is team of expert doctors who are dedicated to health care and patient development.
The Hospital at the campus is for the purpose to provide knowledge towards the practical day-to-day problems faced by the doctors and other staff members, which enable the student to know about the management and administration skills that he has to follow after he becomes a certified ayurvedic practitioner.
Facts in brief about State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
|Established under||Lucknow University|
|Total courses||BAMS, MD/MS, Diploma|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Affiliated with||Lucknow, Universtity|
|Aid Status||Government College|
Courses offered by State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
Undergraduate courses at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow:
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery
The BAMS is a 5.6 yeas (4.6 years academic education + 1 year obligatory internship) UG degree programme leading to the two degrees as Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery known as BAMS. The BAMS is a course that can be selected by a person who desires to be a doctor and have 12th with Science Background. The students, who have cleared the Senior Secondary (12th Class) examination and they had (P.C.B.) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard with English as a mandatory subject, can apply for the BAMS degree course.
The BAMS is the one and the only course in India to become an ayurvedic practitioner. The BAMS course covers investigation of current life structures, physiology, social and preventive pharmaceuticals, toxicology, herbal science, ENT, etc.
BAMS is the course with practical training which is five years long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of diseases as the college and the hospital are generally nearby to each other or may resides in the same facilities with different areas specified. BAMS course also contains a yearlong i.e. 12-month-long internship, in which an intern has to come across various specialties. Besides standard clinical care, one also gets a methodical experience of ward management, staff management, and thorough analysis skills.
The total number of seats for BAMS course at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow is 50
Post Graduate Courses:
MD (Doctorate of Medicine)
The Doctorate of Medicine (MD) is a three year Post Graduate program which is a course in the India Medical System of Ayurveda. The course comprises of the learning process from the first step of symptoms analysis till the treatment provided.
Number of seats under Post Graduation course i.e. MD/MS
There are total 10 seats in Post Graduation course. The bifurcation of the seats in the different department are provided below in the table:
- M.D. (Ayurved) in Kayachikitsa: 6 seats
- MD Kriya Sharir: 4 seats
The diploma courses include two courses and the duration of the courses is of two years and the eligibility for the course is 10+2. The name of the courses with number of intake capacity is provided below:
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Pharmacist 20 seats
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing 20 seats
Eligibility Criteria & Admissions Process at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow For BAMS:
Age Criteria: The candidate applying for BAMS must attained 17 years of age or above as on 31-Dec of the admission year. The maximum age limit for getting admission in BAMS course is 25 years.
Educational Qualification: All Higher Secondary School qualified their 12th Class in science stream including biology or bio-technology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(For SC/ST category 40% marks is required in board exams; 45% for OBC Category)
State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow Admission Process:
It is necessary for medical aspirants to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th class who wish to get BAMS admission. All the Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities will be based on NEET scores and the seats for all colleges/institutions / universities will be offered through Ayush counseling based on the eligibility Score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
Eligibility Criteria for MD/MS course:
- A Candidate must possess a valid degree from recognised medical institution preferably BAMS.
- A candidate must qualify the entrance test conducted by various authorities in different institutions i.e. JPGEE, JPGET, AIPGET, etc
- A candidate must have atleast 50% in Intermediate level
NEET Cutoff 2022
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow NEET Cutoff 2020
Seat Matrix of State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
|Name of the College||Total Seats|
|State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow||11|
BAMS Course fee (Approx) at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow:
Tuition Fee is Rs. 15000/- year
Hostel Fee is Rs. 550/- month
Number of Ayurvedic Colleges and Intake Capacity in UG & PG Courses
|State/UT||No. of Colleges||UG seats||PG seats||Total seats|
|Jammu & Kashmir||02||153||15||168|
Campus Facilities at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
Central Library with scientific Journals.
State Level Pharmacy.
Drug Testing Laboratory.
Laboratories for Students’ Practical purpose in each Departments.
Medicinal plant Garden
Rasha Shala for both practical and production purposes.
Clean Drinking water
Address of State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
Government Ayurvedic College
Tulsidas Marg, Lucknow
Contact No. +91-9278110022
GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank-based admission counselling centre that provides UP Ayush Counseling for MBBS, BAMS, BDS, BUMS, BHMS courses.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified in NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counseling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BUMS, BAMS, and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counsellor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at-
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ on State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow:
Answer: BAMS Course fee (Approx) at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow:
Tuition Fee is Rs. 15000/- year
Hostel Fee is Rs. 550/- month
Answer: The total number of intake is11 for a session in BAMS at State Ayurvedic College, Lucknow.