Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences,Shimoga
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga is a newly established medical college which was established in the year 2005 and is managed by the government.
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga is well known as SIMS Shimoga. The college is popularly known as SIMS Shimoga. Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga has set up a platform providing all the leading medical facilities as well as highly experienced faculty to the students for their growth in the right direction in the journey of being a well skilled medical professional. Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga provides exposure to the students for making them suitable in the perfect environment of a medical professional.
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and recognized by the Medical Council of India
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga Summary:
|Name of Institute||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences,Shimoga Shimoga|
|Popular Name||Shimoga Medical College, SIMS Shimoga|
|Year of Establishment||2005|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (MALE AND FEMALE)|
|Category||MBBS/Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated by:- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Approved by:- Medical Council Of India
Aid Status:- Govt.
Facilities of Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga Courses Offered
An MBBS degree is an undergraduate course for candidates who aspire to fulfill their dream of becoming a doctor. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), is a professional degree in medical science. A person holding the MBBS degree becomes a certified medical practitioner. The duration of the MBBS course is five years and six months including one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, as well as health camps organized by non-profit organizations (NGOs).
Course offered at Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga:
|MD Anatomy||2||3 Years|
|MD Biochemistry||1||3 Years|
|MD Microbiology||1||3 Years|
|MD Pharmacology||1||3 Years|
|MD Physiology||1||3 Years|
|MD Forensic Medicine||2||3 Years|
|MD Preventive & Social Medicine||2||3 Years|
|MD Pathology||4||3 Years|
|MS Otorhinolaryngology [ENT]||2||3 Years|
|MD Anaesthesiology||4||3 Years|
|MD DVL||2||3 Years|
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga Faculty
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga has a good number of well-experienced as well as highly educated faculty members. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to support and encourage the self-learning to the students
- For Admission in UG courses, Candidate should apply only through NEET UG Rank card.
- For Admission in PG courses, Candidate should apply only through NEET PG Rankcard.
Criteria for Age
Candidates should be minimum of 17 years of age at the time of taking admission or should complete that age on or before the 31st of December of the year of admission in the 1st year desired Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or from any other well recognized university or any other equivalent examination conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
Candidate should have scored at least a minimum of about 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech .
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
Fee Structure of Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga:
Here we describe the Fee structure of the Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga for UG and PG courses.
|Fees For Government Seats|
|Particular||Fee per annum|
|Tuition Fee||67,850/- (AIQ)|
|Uni Reg Fee||11,950/-|
|Amount to be paid at the time of Admission||67850/- (Per month)|
PG Pre/Para/Clinical Course Fees
|Sl. No.||Pre/Para/Clinical||Subject||Government (G)||Private (P)||NRI (N)||Other (O)|
|1||Pre Clinical||M.D. Anatomy||25000||0||0||0|
|2||Pre Clinical||M.D. Physiology||25000||0||0||0|
|3||Pre Clinical||M.D. Biochemistry||25000||0||0||0|
|4||Para Clinical||M.D. Pharmacology||50000||0||0||0|
|5||Para Clinical||M.D. Pathology||50000||0||0||0|
|6||Para Clinical||M.D. Microbiology||50000||0||0||0|
|7||Para Clinical||M.D. Community Medicine||50000||0||0||0|
|8||Para Clinical||M.D. Forensic Medicine||50000||0||0||0|
- 600/- Per Month
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga Scholarship
The scholarships has been given to the students on the basis of merit as well as their talent. Students can apply for the Scholarships at the start of the academic session.
- College or University Scholarships on the basis of merit
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections can have a fee concession
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to the deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
NEET 2021 Cutoff
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
|OBC- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||157|
|SC- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||59|
|ST- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||14|
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga NEET Cutoff 2020 for Govt. Quota:
|Name of the Institute||1G||1K||1R||2AG||2AK||2AR||2BG||2BK|
|Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||37920||—||—||37346||—||42991||35281||—|
Seat Matrix of Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga:
|Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences,Shimoga||1||1||6||8|
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a NEET rank-based admission counseling center that provides counselling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
Feel free to contact GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. by filling our enquiry form by clicking on the “REGISTRATION” option in the right. You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our registration form.
Frequently Asked Questions on Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences,Shimoga:
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga .
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in the Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences,Shimoga.
Answer: The college takes admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Answer: It keeps on changing year-wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam.
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students in Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga.
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Fees For Government Seats
Fee per annum
Uni Reg Fee
Amount to be paid at the time of Admission
67850/- (Per month)
PG Pre/Para/Clinical Course Fees
M.D. Community Medicine
M.D. Forensic Medicine
Answer: UG Courses
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or from any other well-recognized university or any other equivalent examination conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- The candidate should have scored at least a minimum of about 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech PG Courses
- Admission Seekers must have a BDS degree from a dental college recognized by DCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
Answer: Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Answer: Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga is located in Shimoga, Karnataka.