Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law,
The academic institution offers LL.B. and LL.M. programs. The average salary package offered by RGSOIPL IIT is around Rs. 6 LPA. Companies like Samsung and Cummins visit RGSOIPL IIT for IP internships and provide stipend up to Rs. 35,000 per month. Placements are not done in the non-IP corporate field.
“Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam”
This shloka represents the motto of the institution as whole. This literally implies “Excellence in action is Yoga”. This means that Yoga is nothing else but doing your work skilfully with full devotion. In the backdrop of the Gita, this quote makes a person to desire calmness and composure because a mind of equanimity allows a person to get rid of distracting thoughts and concentrate on the task immediately before him. This quote has been taken from Sri Krishna’s dialogue with Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita.
Following this quote, students can be directed towards developing equanimity which is the source of perfection in Karmic endeavours (Their karma at this stage would be their studies).Therefore, the things that are already written and explained through our religious texts are used a teaching pedagogy.
The first session of IIT KGP started in August 1951 with 224 freshers and 42 teachers. Hijli Detention Camp building accommodated class rooms, laboratories and the Administrative office. In 1952, Pandit Nehru laid the foundation stone of the New Building. The Institute started its functioning with only ten Departments at first.
On Sept. 15, 1956, the Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur) Act was passed by the Parliament declaring this Institute as an Institute of national importance. The Institute was also given the status of an autonomous University. Presently, IIT KGP has approx. 1700 employees, 550 faculty members and 9000 students on the campus.
RGSOIPL IIT’s Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||2006|
|· Approved by
|All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Total courses||2 in one stream (law)|
IIT KGP Contact details:
- ADDRESS: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur, India – 721302
- PHONE NO.: +91-3222-255221
- FAX: +91-3222-255303
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/department/IP
Contact details of head of RGSOIPL IIT:
Head of the School = Prof. Padmavati Manchikanti
Her Contact details:
Fax: +91-3222-282238, 282238
Course offered by RGSOIPL IIT:
- Bachelor of Laws(Hons) in Intellectual Property Law (LL.B. with Hons in IP Law):
Duration = Three-Year Full-Time (residential)
The abbreviation LLB comes from a Latin term ‘Legum Baccalaureus’ which stands for the Bachelor of Law. LLB Hons is an undergraduate degree course in law which imbibes candidates with the required knowledge, information, skill sets, and the right attitude in order to prepare them to effectively meet the present demands and future challenges that are going to come in the legal profession.
LL.B. Honours at RGSOIPL IIT gives more in-depth knowledge in the subjects of legal relevance (Human Rights, IT Law, Administrative Law, RTI, etc.) than a normal LLB degree does. Also, after completion of LL.B. Honours, a student can specialize while doing his/her post graduation in law (LLM (Specialization) in Criminal Justice, Labour Law, Human Rights, Forensics, etc.)
RGSOIPL IIT (Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law) is the first of its kind law school that provides legal education with IP specialization within the IIT System. This has been done to bring symbiosis among different domains such as science, technology, management and law.
There is a huge significance of a law degree from RGSOIPL IIT at the very start of a student’s career. A law degree opens way for a whole range of careers. The legal industry offers a huge amount of variety of professions ranging from solicitor and barrister to judge or paralegal. Even outside of the legal industry, a law degree can lead to a diversity of career choices such as in journalism, politics, HR, finance and many more. Thus, proving students with ample of opportunities to choose from.
The programme offered by the school is of Six Semesters. On completion of the programme at RGSOIPL IIT, a student is awarded with the Degree of Bachelor of Laws (Hons) in Intellectual Property Law approved by the Bar Council of India.
- Master of Law(LL.M.):
The abbreviation LLM comes from a Latin term ‘Legum Magister’ which stands for the Master of Laws. The LL.M. (Master of Laws) from RGSOIPL IIT is an internationally recognized postgraduate law degree. The aspiring Law professionals frequently pursue the LL.M. to gain expertise in a specialized field of law (for example in the area of corporate law or constitutional law, tax law or international law) to be qualified enough to work in a multinational legal environment. Major law firms prefer job candidates with an LL.M. degree from RGSOIPL IIT because the degree is all about acquiring advanced, specialized legal training which is quite a big deal.
The RGSOIPL IIT (Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law) has the distinctive way of conveying conventional legal education along with contemporary law courses. This unique pedagogy caters to the needs of the current global economy, including Intellectual Property Rights and other things related to the Law field.
The RGSOIPL IIT School strives to provide a world-class excellence in legal education in India by providing students with a conducive environment required for the legal education. The law school’s faculty seek to cultivate and nurture the spirit of excellence among the students by imbibing the importance of work (karma) in their minds. RGSOIPL IIT equips the students to untangle the intricacies of different laws and legal issues and to appreciate or critique them in the given setting with the use of an appropriate logical reasoning for justification.
The unique teaching method comprises weekly discussions, seminars and debates in the classroom. There is also a provision of a forum to sharpen their capability, skills and logical & analytical thinking.
Specialisations are provided in:
- corporate law,
- constitutional law,
- competition law,
- intellectual property,
- criminal law &
- Justice and international law.
Admission criteria and eligibility for RGSOIPL IIT:
- The student must be having a First Class Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine or equivalent OR First Class Masters Degree in Science or Pharmacy or equivalent OR First Class MBA Degree with any of the prior.
- The student must have attained qualifying marks for admission to postgraduate and research programmes of the Institute are CGPA 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60% marks for GE/OBC candidates (these are CGPA 6.0 and 55% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- The candidate should fill an online application form
- The candidates shortlisted for online test will be informed through email only (Their names will also be notified in the official webpage. However, candidates can see their status through login and download the interview letter, if shortlisted)
- The students must have First class (or equivalent ) in Bachelor of Laws LL.B./B.L. (5 years) program from any recognized University OR First Class (or equivalent) in Bachelor of Laws LL.B./B.L. (3 years) program from any recognized University along with Bachelor’s Degree (not less than 3 years) in Humanities/Science/Commerce or equivalent.
- The Students having LL.B (Hons.) in Intellectual Property Law from the IIT Kharagpur (RGSOIPL IIT) with CGPA of 8.5 or above are eligible for admission without appearing in the All India Common Entrance Examination (CET).
- The requisite qualifying marks for admission to postgraduate and research programmes of the Institute are CGPA 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60% marks for GE/OBC candidates (these are CGPA 6.0 and 55% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
- The candidates shortlisted for entrance test will be informed through email only. Their names will also be notified in the webpage
Campus Facilities at RGSOIPL IIT:
- Rajiv Gandhi School(RGSOIPL IIT) has one of the best infrastructures in the whole IIT campus as the building is newly built and highly maintained
- Air-conditioned Classrooms
- A big auditorium available just for the law department
- Its own library with a big plethora of books, both law related and others, not found in other departments
- Projectors in every room and speakers installed along with overhead text projector
- Wi-Fi availability in every classroom and corridor
- Research Laboratories such as Iica Hub, Legal Aid And Ip Facilitation Cell and Moot Court
- Workshops, Clinical legal courses, Court room exercises
- Student Activity Center or better known as the Gymkhana, at IIT Kharagpur is the hub of the numerous extra-curricular and co-curricular activities ranging from sports to socio-cultural.
- IIT KGP is well known for its extensive residential facilities which houses almost 10,000 students.
- There are 21 Halls of Residences (16 for boys, 5 for girls) around campus
- High Speed LAN, Wi-Fi and 24 hour electricity in the Halls
- Numerous in-house eateries serve the demands of residents, some even opened overnight
Placements at RGSOIPL IIT:
- RGSOIPL IIT organizes various programmes to improve soft skills, professional communication and overall personality for holistic development of students, through career counseling by professional agencies/experts.
- The law school invites the best recruiters in the market during the internship and placement season covering various sectors providing students with a plethora of choices
Faculty and staff of RGSOIPL IIT:
Faculty of RGSOIPL IIT, both core and visiting, are a unique blend of academicians and professionals from technical and legal backgrounds with years of practical experience in different areas of law. Almost all of them have their doctorates and postgraduates from foreign universities and highly knowledgeable and renowned. Guest lectures by jurists and industry experts provide the practical exposure to several areas of law.
The faculty uses distinct pedagogy to cover unique courses that are relevant to the needs of the legal profession and industry out there. The School has grown holistically since its inception and won several accolades mainly due to its intellectual property in the form of faculty members.
RGSOIPL IIT has been ranked 4th in India by NIRF, MHRD. Established in 2006, the law school’s enviable infrastructure and academic ambience are bonded with friendly atmosphere foster the students desire to excel in the field of law. Also, the faculty are one of the best in the law fraternity with practical knowledge, even about the major law firms. The course curriculum of both the law programs is a bit hectic but is unique and is different from rest of the law schools, thus making RGSOIPL IIT one of a kind.
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id –email@example.com