Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi for women only is one of the best Medical colleges in North India. It is also known as LHMC New Delhi. It was started in the Year 1915, the college was firstly named as Queen Marry College and Hospital. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi was named in the memory of Lady Hardinge who laid the foundation stone of the Institute. The College offers Undergraduate (MBBS), Postgraduate (MD, MS, PG Diploma), and super specialty (DM, M.Ch) courses in various fields. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi is affiliated with the University of Delhi. Lady Hardinge the wife of the then Viceroy was the first to take initiative for starting a Medical College for women, as the lack of separate Medical colleges for women. The college was opened by Lord Hardinge the then Viceroy of India in the Year 1915. The close association of countess of Duffer in Fund Council continued over many years and senior teaching staff almost exclusively consisted of its members till India became independent.
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
The college started under the leadership of Dr. Kate Platt was the first Principal of the college. The College UG & PG course covered a period of the first 7 Years including 2 years later Course of pre-medical science. The MBBS course was reduced from 5 Years to 4.5 Years in 1969 & a compulsory internship of one year was introduced. The number of admissions in Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi to the first year was 16 Students Per Year in 1915 & to increase 60 Students in 1956. In 1961 the admissions were increased to 100 and were further raised to 130 in 1970. To implement the Central Educational Institution 2006 Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi increased Under Graduate (MBBS) admissions to 150 in 2008 and now 200 Students. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi in the Year 1950, the college has been affiliated to the University of Delhi. And Hospital of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi is Starting in 1916 with only 80 beds for the departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi has now bed strength of 877 beds & 377 beds in Kalawati Saran Children Hospital. Kalawati Saran Children Hospital was established in 1956 as a center of excellence in pediatric care and research.
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi for Women is located at Lady Hardinge Medical College, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi. New Delhi Railway Station is around 2 km away and Jhandewalan Metro Station is 2.1 km away from the College.
Indira Gandhi International Airport is 18.9 km away from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Institute.
College Summary of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
|Name of Institute
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road Delhi
|Year of Establishment
|University of Delhi
|Medical Council Of India
|Yes (Female Only)
|MBBS/Medical Colleges in Delhi
|Charles Hardinge, 1st Baron Hardinge of Penshurst
|Prof N N Mathur
|160 including MD MS DM MCh MDS
|Connaught Place, New Delhi, India
Course Offered by Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
LHMC Delhi offers 30 courses in 2 streams and 11 specializations.
Under Graduate Courses
|4.6+1 year Internship
Faculty & Staff of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi provides a good number of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to upgrading the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Facilities in Campus of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
- Internet Facility
- Transport Facility
- Conference Hall
- Hostel for Girls
- Dental Hospital
Fees Structure of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
|Total Fees/ year
|10+2 with 50% + NEET
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery [MBBS]
5 Years 6 Months Full-Time MBBS – 200 seat Rating – 8/10
Get Detailed Fees
|PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL
Hostel Fees of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
- 490/-(Per Month)
Departments of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of ENT & Head Neck Surgery
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Department of Skin & VD
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Dental Surgery
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Paediatric Surgery
- Department of Neonatology
- Department of Radiodiagnosis
- Department of Radiation Medicine
- Department of Anaesthesia
- Department of Accident & Emergency
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Blood Bank
Age Criteria for Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
Candidates should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS Course.
Eligibility Criteria for Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
The selection of the students is based on the Competitive Merit basis. Candidates should read the eligibility Criteria to know more about the Admission Procedure.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/ She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
The scholarship is given by Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is only under the consideration of college administration.
Cutoff of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi: NEET Cutoff 2019 85% State Quota Seat, DU Internal and IPU Category wise
|Lady Harding Medical College
Seat Matrix of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
NEET 2021 Cutoff
CUT-OFF PERCENTILE AND SCORE AS PER MCI/DCI REGULATIONS
|Cut off Percentile
|No. of Candidates
Facilities in Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Sports and Recreation: Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi for Women provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities for the students. The institute has maintained cricket, football ground, tennis court, etc.
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
- Parking Facility
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi is a medical college for women located in New Delhi, India. Established in 1916, it became part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, the University of Delhi in 1950. The college is funded by the Government of India.
- 1 History
- 2 Present form
- 3 Campus
- 4 Library
- 5 Rankings
- 6 Departments
- 7 Notable alumni
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The campus of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
The college’s campus has a hostel, library, auditorium and laboratories. It also includes a ground for sports and extra co-curricular activities.
Library of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
A new central library building is part of the auditorium building. The college’s library is one of the oldest medical libraries in India and has also a good collection of number of old journals in the biomedical sciences. The library has a collection of 50,000 volumes.
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
We would like to give 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Delhi/NCR
DELHI NEET COUNSELLING 2021
ABOUT DELHI NEET COUNSELLING 2021: The State government has a direct functioning body named as H.N.B. Medical Education University responsible for conducting NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for admission in undergraduate, postgraduate and super-specialty courses in India. The online counseling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counseling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for DELHI NEET 2021: The counseling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counseling a mop-up round is called off to fill a vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counseling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration- Applicant willing to appear in counselling rounds of the admission process must fill a registration form on the official website i.e. www.hnbumu.ac.in . The applicants have to pay Rs. 2000 as the registration fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counselling.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the registration fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college.
Step 3: Deposition of Security Money- After locking up the college as their preference the applicant have to pay the security money via Debit or Credit card only. The Security deposit is different for medical college:
For State/Management Quota – Rs. 2, 00, 000
NOTE: If the applicant wouldn’t report for any rounds of the counselling session the security amount deposited by him/her shall be confiscated.
Step 4: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them.
Step 5: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant. The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents in order to get hassle-free counseling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Delhi Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Security deposit.
- Delhi MBBS Application Form
Contact details of Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
Address: C – 604, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road
Diz Area Connaught Place Delhi – 110001
Phone: 23363728 / 23408100
Official Website: http://lhmc-hosp.gov.in
Frequently Asked Question on Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi:
Question. Are our hostel facilities available in DBSAM College of Rohini Delhi?
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available on the campus at BRAMC New Delhi.
Question. How can one apply for hostel accommodation in BRAMC New Delhi?
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission to the Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
Question. How to take admission to Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: The college takes admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Question. What is the cut-off for taking admission in Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: It keeps on changing year-wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
Question. How many seats are available for UG students at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: Annual Intake is of 100 UG students in Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
Question. Is there any other way of taking admission to the Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Question. What is the fee of the courses offered by Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi fees: Amount to be paid at the time of Admission: 1,01,000/-.
Question. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: Eligibility – Candidates applying for the MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology &English.
Question. The Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi is affiliated to which university?
Answer: Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi Affiliated by Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University.
Question. Where is located Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi?
Answer: Dr. BSA Medical College is located in Sector-6 of Rohini in northwest district of Delhi.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a NEET rank-based admission counseling center that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donations to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state-wise counseling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify for NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our inquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our inquiry form.
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission-related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
We will be very grateful to you!