Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore was established in the Year 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangh. Kempegowda is considered among the best medical institutes in Karnataka and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
The Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences campus area is 14 acres. The campus at VV Puram has a hospital and clinical departments and the Banashankari campus has pre-clinical and para-clinical departments. Transport facility is provided to the students. The institute has a huge college campus which is surrounded by greenery all around that makes the environment conducive for education by offering a soothing and peaceful environment to the students. KIMS campus infrastructure is top-notch.
KIMS is recognized by the Medical Council of India for running of MBBS Course since 1980 and also running Post-graduate degree/diploma courses since 1991 and these courses are also recognized by the Government of India.
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is also recognized by:
- General Medical Council, United Kingdom
- World Health Organization.
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London.
College Summary of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore:
|Name of College||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore|
|Popular Name||KIMS Bangalore|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Category||MBBS/Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: the Medical Council Of India.
- Aid Status: Private
Course Offered by Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore:
Under Graduation M.B.B.S Course
|MBBS||150||4 Years 6 Month + 1 Year Internship|
- The duration of the course is four and a half years and one year of internship.
- Clinical training in the Hospitals attached to the Institute will commence as soon as the student successfully completes Phase-I & will continue throughout Phase-II & Phase-III of the course.
- The Post Graduate Degree course is of 3 years duration.
Total Mbbs & P.g Seats Available In Kims.
|M.D Forensic Medicine||4|
|M.D Comm. Medicine||6|
|M.D Gen. Medicine||10|
|M.S Gen Surgery||10|
|M.D. Emergency Medicine||2|
Fee Structure of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore:
UG Course fee for MBBS
Government Quota: Rs. 1,12,000/-
Private Quota: Rs. 7,86,500/-
NRI Quota: Rs. 37,36,550/-
Management Quota: Rs. 37,31,050/-
Hostel Fees: Rs. 36,5000/-
The Above fees are paid annually Per annum
Departments of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
|Forensic Medicine||Community Medicine|
|Emergency Medicine||Medical Education|
|Office||Causality Medical Officers|
Facilities of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka
There are two separate hostels at present, one for the boys and another for the girls. The boys and girls hostels are located in the College campus and can accommodate about 200 students each. Student Welfare Officers and Wardens are always available to students and interns to lend a patient ear to all their problems related to curricular activities and to provide suitable remedies.
There are five buses including one minibus and two Maruthi vans available for Transportation of students to and from the Banashankari campus to the Hospital premises and to transport them to various training centers.
The college has a fully equipped health club with a 10 Station Multi-Gym, two Tread Mills and Steppers, and a Trained Instructor. Indoor Games like Chess, Carom and Table tennis are also available. The New Sports Complex coming up will house two Synthetic Tennis Courts, Basketball and Volleyball Courts and an Amphitheatre.
Kims Co-operative Society:
The KIMS Co-Operative Society was started in the year 1981. It caters to the needs of students and staff in their requirement of books, stationery and other articles at concessional prices. All students of KIMS and teaching faculty members are shareholders of the society.
The College Canteen caters to the need of Faculty, Students, and staff at KIMS Hospital. A new canteen with modern amenities is open at the college campus.
Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank is situated in the college campus to cater to the banking need of the students. ATM facilities are available. ATMs of Corporation Bank, Canara Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank are situated surrounding the college premises.
Eligibility For Admission In Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore :
1. The candidates should have passed the two years P.U.C examination conducted by the P.U Education Board, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects; or any other examination recognized as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
2. The Candidates should have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in Science subjects taken altogether at the qualifying examination & CET/COMED-K. However, the OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka are required to secure 40% of the total marks.
3. The Candidate should have completed seventeen years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
The scholarship is given by Kempegowda Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore:
The college provides financial support to meritorious students. The KMC scholarship includes free ships and concessions. The free ship is offered to MBBS students who secure ranks up to 2000 in NEET exams. For students securing ranks between 2001 to 5000, Merit-cum-Means scholarship is provided. It will be based on the income of the parents as mentioned below. MBBS program based on the NEET score will also be provided scholarships based on the same criteria.
|Annual Income||Scholarship (%)|
|Up to INR 3Lakhs||100|
|Rs. 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs||90|
|Rs. 5 Lakhs to 7.5 Lakhs||75|
|Rs. 7.5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs||50|
|Rs. 10 Lakhs to 12.5 Lakhs||25|
|Rs. 12.5 Lakhs||10|
NEET Cutoff 2021
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore NEET Cutoff 2019
|First Round Marks||Second Round Marks||Mop Up Round|
|NEET AIR||NEET MARKS|
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore NEET Cutoff 2020 for Govt. Quota:
|Name of the Institute||1G||1K||1R||2AG||2AK||2AR||2BG||2BK|
|Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||36571||—||78024||44752||—||69294||21722||—|
Seat Matrix of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore:
|GM P||GMP H||MA||MC||ME||ME H||M K||MM||MM H||MU||OP N||RC2||RC3||RC4||RC5||RC6||RC7||RC8||TOTA L|
|Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||30||30||60|
Ranking and Reputation of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Bangalore:
|Name of Institute||KIMS Bangalore|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Bangalore.
Contact Details of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore:
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling center that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donations to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified for NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid, etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state-wise counseling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except for the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Question on Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore:
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka.
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students (MBBS) in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka.
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka offers MBBS Fees:
Government Quota : Rs. 1,12,000/-
Private Quota : Rs. 7,86,500/-
NRI Quota: Rs. 37,36,550/-
Management Quota : Rs. 37,31,050/-
Hostel Fees: Rs. 36,5000/-
The Above fees is paid annually Per annum
Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is Located at Banashankari 2nd Stage , Bangalore district in Karnataka State, India.