Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
Jagadguru Jayadeva Murugarajendra Medical College, Davangere was established in the Year 1965 by Bapuji Educational Association with consensus and permission of the Central Government & State Government of Karnataka, Medical Council of India. The institute is also known as Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere.
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere was established in the Year 1965 and affiliated to Mysore University, Mysore and to Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta, Shimoga District from 1987 and later to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore State Karnataka (India) since 1996.
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere was established in 1965. The college campus spread over 25 acres of land with excellent infrastructural facilities for training the students. It has two blocks Administrative and Pre-clinical. Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangereis one of the leading Institutes offering Allopathic Medical Education at the Undergraduate, Diploma, and Postgraduate Degree level. It is currently affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The MBBS, Postgraduate Degree & Diploma courses offered by the Institution are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere& Hospital is an academic health sciences center that has been established with an aim to provide leadership and excellence in the field of teaching, clinical care and service in a student-centered comprehensive campus.
Location Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangereis located at Medical College Road, MCC B Block, Kuvempu Nagar, Davangere in Karnataka. Davangere Railway Station is around 2 km away from the institute. Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is approximately 290 km away and Davangere Old Bus Stand is around 2 km away from JJMMC.
College Summary of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
|Name of College||Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere|
|Popular Name||JJMMC Davagere|
|Year of Establishment||1965|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||MBBS/Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India.
- Aid Status: Government
Courses Offer By Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
1. Under Graduate Course: Total Annual Intake: 245
- MBBS: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Post Graduate Course
- MD, MS
- Fellowship Course
- Prenatal Medicine, Pediatric Anesthesia
Departments of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
- Department of Anesthesia
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pulmonary Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics Surgery
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Medical Education
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Library and Information Centre
- Department of Bio Chemistry
- Department of ENT
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Admin Staff
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere Davanagere Infrastructure Details:
JJM Medical College, Davangere has adequate infrastructure like a library which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Hospital: In order to cater to medical needs the institution has a hospital that provides medical facilities to the people.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Auditorium: JJM Medical College, Davangere has an auditorium which is used in organizing events and activities for the students.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
Fees Structure of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery [MBBS]
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Program Grand Total|
General Quota: 6.23 Lakhs
Management Quota: 31.30 Lakhs
Course Details: 5 Years 5 Months Full Time 245 seats
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5.5 Years
MBBS: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery course:
Duration: 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
The 4 ½ years Course has been divided into three Phases.
- Phase I – One year consisting of two terms of six months each
- Phase II – One and half years consists of three terms of six months each
- Phase III – Consists of seven terms after Phase – I. It runs concurrently with Phase – II and during Phase – II Para-clinical and clinical subjects will be taught concurrently
Subjects of Study Phase – I
- Human Anatomy including Embryology & Histology
- Human Physiology including Biophysics
Subjects of Study Phase – II
- Pathology – General and Systemic Pathology
- Microbiology – Bacteriology, Parasitology, Virology, Mycology and Immunology
- Pharmacology including Pharmacotherapeutics
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
Phase – III is divided into two parts – Part I & II.
The subjects of Phase III – Part I
- Community Medicine
The subjects of Phase III – Part II
- Medicine & its allied specialties which include General Medicine, Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases, Dermatology & STD. Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis and infectious diseases, etc.
- Pediatrics including Neonatology
- Surgery & its allied specialties include General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery including Physiotherapy and rehabilitation, Anesthesia
- Obstetrics & Gynecology including Family medicine & Family Welfare Planning
Academics & Faculty of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
- The daily routine of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere is like classes timings is 9 am to 5 pm.
- The quality of teaching is very good at this college.
- The overall experience is good at this college.
Eligibility Criteria for Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
a) The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
b) Must have passed two year PUC examinations of Karnataka State with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English language.
c) Any other examination recognized as equivalent by RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore.
d) Must have secured not less than 50% marks in optional subjects and English (40% for SC/ST and Category-I Candidates).
e) Candidates passing the qualifying examination from institutions outside Karnataka must produce “Eligibility Certificate” from RGUHS.
f) Should have secured 50% of marks at the competitive entrance test conducted by the competent authorities in Karnataka.
g) NRI STUDENTS: – Candidate should have studied 10+2 years in a recognized institution with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English language obtaining minimum of 50% marks in each subject.
– Candidate should be a valid Foreign Passport.
– NRI Means: A student who has studied abroad in a recognized institution for a period of 12 years or a candidate who has studied for a minimum of 5 years abroad and passed the qualifying examinations in India in a recognized institution or qualifying examination from abroad.
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere Cutoff:
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere is one the top medical colleges in North Karnataka. The college was established in 1965 by Bapuji Educational Association, Davangere Karnataka, India.
NEET Cutoff 2021
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere NEET Cutoff 2020 for Pvt. Quota:
|Name of the Institute||1G||1K||1R||2AG||2AK||2AR||2BG||2BK|
|Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere||56090||—||—||65015||83411||72089||55422||—|
Seat Matrix of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
|Name of the Institute||Other Quota Seats (Q)||NRI Seats (N)|
|Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere||12||37|
Scholarship Given by Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic Year. College cam offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories. There are scholarships available according to the income of the student. There is State Government Scholarships Yearly and Central Government Scholarships available. College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to needy students.
- National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Government.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is only under the consideration of college administration.
Ranking and Reputation of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
|Name of Institute||Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere(JJMMC )|
- It is one of the best Medical Colleges in Davangere.
- To give out 4.1 out of 5 stars in Best Medical Colleges in Karnataka.
Contact Details of Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere:
Address: MCC B Block, Kuvempu Nagar, Davangere
Pin code: 577004, Karnataka – India
Phone : 270522, 231388, 253850 to 253858
Fax : 91-8192-253859
KARNATAKA NEET COUNSELLING 2021
ABOUT KARNATAKA NEET COUNSELLING 2021: The State government has a direct functioning body named as DME, Karnataka i.e. Directorate of Medical Education, Karnataka Responsible for conducting NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in undergraduate, postgraduate, and super speciality courses in India. The online counselling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counselling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for Karnataka NEET Counselling 2021: The counselling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not get filled even after the two rounds of counselling a mop-up round is called off to fill a vacant seats in the particular medical college. The process of counselling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration- Applicant willing to appear in counselling rounds of the admission process must fill a registration form on the official website i.e. www.dme.mponline.gov.in . The applicants have to pay Rs. 1000 for General Category and Rs. 500 for SC/ST/PH as the registration fee in order to appear for the first round of counseling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counselling.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the registration fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college.
Step 3: Deposition of Security Money- After locking up the college as their preference the applicant have to pay the security money via Demand Draft in favour of ‘Director of Medical Education, Karnataka. The Security deposit is different for medical college:
For Government Medical College- Rs. 1, 000
For Private Medical College- Rs. 5, 000
For Management Quota – Rs. 2, 00, 000
NOTE: If the applicant wouldn’t report for any rounds of the counseling session the security amount deposited by him/her shall be confiscated.
Step 4: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them.
Step 5: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college, the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant. The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents in order to get hassle-free counseling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Karnataka Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Security deposit.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a NEET rank-based admission counseling center that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state-wise counseling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangere
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere Karnataka.
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere Karnataka.
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
Answer: Annual Intake is of 245 UG students (MBBS) in Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere Karnataka.
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Answer: Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere Karnataka offers MBBS Full Course Total Fees: 6.23 Lakhs & Hostel Fees – 30,000/- Rs. Per Year.
Answer: Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereKarnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
Answer: Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, DavangereDavangere Karnataka Affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
Answer: Jaya Jagadguru Murugharajendra Medical College, Davangereis located at Medical College Road, MCC B Block, Kuvempunagar, Davangere in Karnataka.