Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer is a Government Medical College (GCI) situated in Ajmer-Rajasthan, India started in 1965, it is one among six Government run Medical Colleges in Rajasthan. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer is affiliated with The Rajasthan University of Health Sciences-RUHS, and Award MBBS- Degree (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery -recognized by MCI since 1973) and the MS/MD/DM degrees. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer also offers diplomas and other degrees in medical disciplines. Before the establishment of the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences-RUHS, in 2005, it was affiliated with Rajasthan University. It publishes the Ajay Mere Journal of Medical Education and Research (AJMER). Campus Area 100 Acres.
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
The MBBS course is a 4.5 year period followed by a 1 year compulsory rotating residential internship. The lasting 1 Year internship includes short courses in Community Health, Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Child Health, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine and various specialties. All these are according to the guidelines of the Medical Council of India(MCI). Admission to the MBBS program is based on the candidate marks obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET-UG) rank held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Affiliated Hospitals to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
- Jawaharlal Nehru (Victoria) Hospital: The teaching hospital, originally known as Victoria Hospital, was established during colonial times. It was renamed New Victoria Hospital in 1928 and the hospital was moved to its present location. In 1965 it was renamed Jawaharlal Nehru hospital. It now serves as the referral Hospital of the Ajmer division of Rajasthan, which includes districts of Ajmer, Bhilwara, Nagaur,
- Kamla Nehru Memorial TB Hospital: This houses the Chest & Respiratory section of the college, which treats the high numbers of TB patients in the region.
- Rajkiya Mahila Chikitsalya (Hospital): This houses the Obstetrics & Gynecology department, which is concerned with maternal and prenatal specialty care. The building is located 7 km away from the main campus. It was founded as the ‘Panna Dhai Maternity Home’ in 1965 but due to lack of space was accommodated in the Longia Hospital from 1968 to 1974.
- PG Institute of Cardiology: This was the first Government medical college in Rajasthan to start a dedicated cardiology division.
Facts in brief about Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Ajmer|
|Popular Name||JLNMC Ajmer|
|Year of Establishment||1965|
|Affiliated to||Rajasthan University of Medical Science|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male & Female)|
|Category||Medical colleges in Rajasthan|
|All India Ranking||47|
|Rajasthan State Ranking||06|
Admissions at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
With 150 approved seats by the Medical Council of India (MCI) for MBBS degrees and 88 approved seats for postgraduate courses. Admissions are based upon highly competitive standardized premedical entrance examinations: NEET-UG for admission to MBBS and NEET-PG for admission to postgraduate courses.
Academics at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
The Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course is four and a half years of training with a year of compulsory internship. The school follows the semester system.
The MBBS Degree Certificate is awarded by the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences. Students are then given a registration certificate by the Rajasthan Medical Council(RMC) and enrolled in the register of the Medical Council of India(MCI). must condition to practice medicine in India.
Campus of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer :
JLN Academic section with Golden Jubilee Gate, Psychiatric & Oncology departments. in front of JLN Circle and Moolchand Chauhan Indoor Stadium.
The main college campus is located in the heart of the city of Ajmer. Most Departments are on the main campus, with the exception of the Obstetrics and Gynecology department, which is 7 km away on a separate campus. The Microbiology department houses the Rajasthan State Reference Laboratory.
Library of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer :
The JLN MEDICAL COLLEGE has central library housing around 11000 bound journals dating back to the 1960s. A newly built E-library offers access to electronic journals.
Hostels at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer :
Hostels are located on the main campus and are segregated by sex. There are separate hostels for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Department at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer :
|10.||ENT(Ear, Nose & Throat)|
|13.||Obst. & Gynecology|
|16.||Skin & VD|
|20||TB & Respiratory Disease|
Courses Offered at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
Under-Graduate courses at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery||4.6 Years+ 1 Year Internship|
Post Graduate courses at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
|S. No.||Name of Program||Intake Capacity|
|3||M.S. General Surgery||11|
|4||M.S. Obst & Gyane||10|
|9||M.D. Forensic Medicine||2|
|10||M.D. General Medicine||18|
|17||M.D. Radio Diagnosis||4|
|18||M.D. Skin & VD||4|
|19||M.D. TB and Chest||3|
|20||M.D. Community Medicine||2|
|21||M.Sc.(Medical Anatomy) Anatomy||1|
|22||M.Sc. (Medical Biochemistry) Biochemistry||4|
|23||M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology) Microbiology||4|
|24||M.Sc. (Medical Pharmacology) Pharmacology||1|
Eligibility Criteria & Admissions Process at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
Age Criteria: The aspirant applying for MBBS must attain 17 years of age or above as of 31-Dec of the admission year. The Upper age limit for getting admission to the MBBS course is 25 years.
Educational Qualification: All Higher Secondary School qualified their 12th Class in science stream including biology or biotechnology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(For SC/ST category 40% marks is required in board exams; 45% for OBC Category)
Admission Process: It is necessary for medical aspirants to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th class who wish to get MBBS admission. All the Government, Private, Central Universities will be based on NEET scores and the seats for all Colleges / Institutions / Universities will be offered through Rajasthan counseling based on the Eligibility Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
Fee Structure OF Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
|Course||Seat Type||Fee Type||Fee||Remarks (if any)|
|MBBS||Govt. seat||Admission fee (Yearly)||Non Refundable||One time||INR||12100|
|Caution money (One||Non Refundable||One time||INR||3630|
|Other||Non Refundable||Per Annum||INR||9680|
|Tuition fee (Annual)||Non Refundable||Per Annum||INR||15125|
|Seat Type||Fee Type||Fee||Remarks (if any)|
|Hostel facility||Normal||Annual fee||Non Refundable||Per Annum||INR||24200|
DOUBLE SEATED ROOM MAINTENANCE, ELECTRICITY & WATER
& INFRA. DEVELO. & WEL. FUND
|Normal||Security deposit||Non Refundable||One time||INR||2420|
Faculty and Staff (109 Faculties):
Top Medical College in India means not only the best infrastructure but the good education, well-trained faculty. JLNMC Ajmer provides the best teaching faculty with good education and basic health care facilities to the students.
Scholarship at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
- Many type of scholarships are available which includes Merit cum means based scholarships considering the merit and talent of students. Economically weaker sections may also ask for fee concession but all theses must be applied in the beginning of the academic year.
- College / University also offers many Merit Scholarships. for brilliant students under many Central & State Govt. schemes.
Cutoff of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
The Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board Of the college for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Candidates apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET Cutoff 2021
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer NEET cutoff 2020
|Name of Institute||JLNMC Ajmer|
RAJASTHAN NEET COUNSELLING 2021
ABOUT RAJASTHAN NEET COUNSELLING 2021: The Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical and Dental Admission/Counselling Board, and The Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College (Sawai Man Singh Medical College), Jaipur is responsible for conducting NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in undergraduate, post graduate and super-specialty courses in India. The online counseling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counseling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for Rajasthan NEET Counselling 2021: The counseling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counseling a mop-up round is called off to fill vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counseling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Application- Applicant willing to appear in counseling rounds of the admission process must follow the required steps in order to fill in the application form:
- Create an SSO Id and Password by visiting the official website i.e. sso.rajasthan.gov.in by entering their correct information.
- After that, they have to continue to fill the form with personal and academic details with accuracy.
- A scanned copy of the following with the below-mentioned file size is to be uploaded
- Photograph & Signature file size (20Kb to 50Kb).
- 10th Class & 12th class Mark Sheet (100Kb to 150Kb).
- After all this the applicants have to pay Rs. 2000 for General Category (Rs. 1200 for the SC/ST and the students who have the Domicile of Rajasthan state) as the registration fee in order to appear for the first round of counseling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counseling would not be eligible for the second round of counseling. The registration fee is non refundable.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the registration fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college as the seat allotment is based on his choice selection.
Step 3: Deposition of Registration Fee- After locking up the college as their preference the applicant have to pay the Registration money. The Registration deposit is different for medical college:
For Government Medical College- Rs. 10, 000
For Both Government & Private Medical College- Rs. 1, 00, 000
NOTE: If the applicant wouldn’t report for any rounds of the counseling session the security amount deposited by him/her shall be confiscated.
Step 4: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them.
Step 5: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college, the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant. The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents in order to get hassle-free counselling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Rajasthan Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Registration deposit.
- Rajasthan MBBS Application Form
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a Rajasthan NEET Rank Based Admission Counselling center that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donations to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counsellor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) on Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer:
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan.
Answer: The College takes admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Answer: It keeps on changing year-wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET.
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students in Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.