Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun is one of the best Private colleges and the popular name is HIMS Dehradun. HIMS College is also famed as Jolly Grant Medical college Dehradun. The Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun offers Under Graduate (M.B.B.S.) and Post Graduate courses (M.D./M.S. and Diploma) in 18 disciplines. Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun (HIMS) located in Dehradun. HIMS is a part of the Swami Rama Himalayan University. Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun (HIMS) was established in 1996.HIMS College’s main objective is to make it a seat of excellence for learning and training Medical Students. The Department of Medical Education is a unique feature of this Medical Institute and has the distinction of being recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to train medical faculty from 16 Medical Colleges of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Himachal Pradesh. Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun (HIMS) was established in 1996 with the objective to make it a seat of excellence for learning and training Medical Students. HIMS endeavors to create ethically sound Medical Professionals who are ready to undertake the responsibility for Health Care in our country.
MBBS, HIMS runs Post Graduate courses (MD, MS, and Diploma Courses recognized by the Medical Council of India) in all Clinical, Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical specialties in addition to PhD and Fellowship Program.
HIMS attracts research grants from various funding agencies and provides an environment conducive for research activities as well. Integrated Teaching using Problem Based Learning Approach to achieve both Horizontal and Vertical Integration in different phases is implemented.With the motto of Love Serve Remember we are committed to training the students to undertake the responsibilities of a physician who is compassionate and adheres to ethical practices and is accountable to patients, community, and profession.
– First Medical College of the state.
– Internationally recognized pedagogy.
– NABL accredited labs.
College Summary of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
|Name of Institute
|Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun|
|Jolly Grant Medical college Dehradun|
|Swami Ram Nagar, Jolly Grant Doiwala|
|Year of Establishment||1996|
|Swami Rama Himalayan University|
|Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|MBBS/Medical colleges in Uttarakhand|
|Name of Entrance
|Offline in Campus|
Courses Offered in Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
The College offers Medical Courses like Under Graduate Medical Programs (MBBS) and Post Graduate Medical Programs MD/MS.
|MBBS||150||4.5+1 year Internship|
Eligibility: Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
- Candidates applying for the MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) / Biotechnology & English.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% in 10+2 with 50% marks separately in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology.
- Admission to MBBS, Candidate must have 60% marks in 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology.
The course of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course is a duration of 5.5 years (4.5 years of curriculum plus 1 year of rotating internship).
MBBS: Course Details
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5.5 Years
- Offered by: Swami Rama Himalayan University
- Total Fees: 68.65 Lakhs
- Seats: 150 Seats
|Course Name||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|MBBS||Candidate must be 12th from a recognized Board with minimum of 60%||Selection is done on the basis of marks obtained in NEET UG|
Key Points –
- 10% marks relaxation is given to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- The form of NEET UG examination is available online.
- The candidate has to carry his/her NEET UG admit/result card while coming for the admission.
- 30% of seats in the MBBS course are reserved for candidates of Uttarakhand.
DEPARTMENTS OF HIMS DEHRADUN:
|Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
Facilities of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Convenience Store
- Alumni Associations
- Guest Room
- Banks Facilities
Courses Offered by Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
M.D., Diploma, B.Sc., M.S., M.P.T., M.Sc.,
B.P.T., M.B.B.S., M.H.A. Ph.D.:
- Approval Constituent
- Genders Accepted Co-Ed
- Established Year: 1995
- Total Faculty: 219
- Total Student Enrollments: 1557
Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust:
Health care services are being provided through the Himalayan Hospital, 750 bed, the multi-specialty hospital established in 1994. It is the largest hospital in the State of Uttarakhand. The Hospital is supported with diagnostic labs equipped with the latest state-of-the-art equipment; notably, all our Labs are NABL certified which provides students first-hand experience to learn on the latest diagnostic tools. To impart training in clinical aspects, we are supported by 1200-bedded.
Himalayan Hospital covering all Specialties. Students have unique opportunities to learn the art of clinical medicine with over 2000 patients in OPD on a daily basis and 24×7 emergency services. The Hospital incorporates H.H. Dr. Swami Rama’s vision of integrating the best of Western medicine with traditional and alternative therapies. The hospital has a full range of super-specialty, diagnostic modalities as well as alternative treatment modalities such as Ayurveda, Yoga, Panchkarma Therapy, Homeopathy, etc all under one roof at affordable cost.
The Cancer Research Institute was established in the Year 2006 and is the first of its kind in Uttarakhand. The Cancer Research Institute was inspired by the vision of our founder H.H. Shri Swami Rama. It will address all aspects of cancer control such as prevention, early detection and therapeutic facilities supported by research and education.
Fee Structure of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
|Name of the Medical College||Tuition fees||Tuition Fees||Hostel fees||Hostel Fees|
|State Quota||Management Quota||State Quota||Management Quota|
|Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun , Dehradun||15,00,000||15,00,000||70,000 PA||70,000 PA|
|Subject||Fees per annum|
|MD (Community Medicine)||4,00,000/-|
|MD (Radiation Oncology)||14,00,000/-|
|MD (TB & Respiratory Diseases)||16,00,000/-|
|MS (General Surgery)||20,00,000/-|
|MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)||22,00,000/-|
|MD (General Medicine)||22,00,000/-|
|MS (Obstetrics & Gynecology)||25,00,000/-|
|Diploma Fees||Full Course|
|Diploma in Orthopedics (D. Ortho)||10,00,000/-|
|Diploma in Child Health (DCH)||14,00,000/-|
|Diploma in Medical Radio-diagnosis||20,00,000/-|
|Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology||20,00,000/-|
Hostel & other fees of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
|Particulars||Fees per annum|
|Admission Fee (One Time)|
|Hostel Fee PG Girls/ Boys Hostel|
|PG Hostel Fees (Married)|
|Mess charges||As per actual|
Scholarship by Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students can apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College can offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate.
- College Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections can ask for fee concession.
- Scholarships are also awarded by the college to needy students.
- National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Government.
Cutoff of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Candidates who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Candidates are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks at least 40% to be considered for AIQ and State quota.
- Candidates who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50%.
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun: NEET Cutoff 2019 UG
|1||Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun||237117||313||90994||441||29515||276||17184||361||109029||420|
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun: NEET Cutoff 2020 for State Quota:
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop Up Round|
|UR – DPW (State Quota)||117865||465||287350||323||–||–|
|UR – Open (State Quota)||117865||465||170512||413||211377||378|
|UR – Women (State Quota)||84861||502||84771||502||156733||426|
|OBC – Open (State Quota)||238078||358||269364||335||415981||249|
|OBC (Women) (State Quota)||243219||354||–||–||–||–|
|SC – Open (State Quota)||815048||113||801880||116||569614||183|
|SC (Women) (State Quota)||436863||239||457270||229||214077||376|
|ST – Open (State Quota)||466796||225||422028||246||488562||215|
|Management All India||159934||423||262275||340||206575||382|
Seat Matrix of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
|Reservation OBC 14%||Reservation ST 4%|
Ranking And Reputation:
|Institute Name||Himalayan Institute of Medical Science|
UTTARAKHAND NEET COUNSELLING 2021
ABOUT UTTARAKHAND NEET COUNSELLING 2021: The State government has a direct functioning body named as H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University responsible for conducting NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for admission in undergraduate, postgraduate and super specialty courses in India. The online counseling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counselling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for UK NEET 2021: The counseling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counselling a mop up round is called off to fill vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counseling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration- Applicant willing to appear in counselling rounds of the admission process must fill a registration form on the official website i.e. www.hnbumu.ac.in . The applicants have to pay Rs. 2000 as the registration fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counselling.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the registration fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college.
Step 3: Deposition of Security Money- After locking up the college as their preference the applicant have to pay the security money via Debit or Credit card only. The Security deposit is different for medical college:
For State/Management Quota – Rs. 2, 00, 000
NOTE: If the applicant wouldn’t report for any rounds of the counselling session the security amount deposited by him/her shall be confiscated.
Step 4: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them.
Step 5: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant. The candidate must carry the below mentioned documents in order to get hassle free counselling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Uttarakhand Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Security deposit.
- Uttarakhand MBBS Application Form
Address: Swami Ram Nagar, Jolly Grand Doiwala
Dehradun- 248140 Uttarakhand
Phone: +91-135-2471600, 2471135
Official Website: www.srhu.edu.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun:
Q1. Are hostel facilities available??
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun.
Q2. How can one apply for hostel accommodation?
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in the Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun.
Q3. How to take admission in Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun?
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Q4. What is the cut off for taking admission?
Answer: It keeps on changing year-wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam.
Q5. How many seats are available for UG students?
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students in HIMS Dehradun.
Q6. Is there any other way of taking admission in the college?
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Q7. What is the fee of the courses offered by the Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun?
Answer: Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun offers MBBS-
MBBS Course Fees
|Course||Fees per annum|
Q8. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by the Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun?
Answer: Eligibility – Candidates applying for the MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology &English.
Q9 The Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun?
is affiliated to which university?
Answer: Affiliated by Swami Rama Himalayan University.
Q10 Where is Himalayan Institute of Medical Science Dehradun located?
Answer: Location – Swami Ram Nagar, Jolly Grand Doiwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a NEET rank-based admission counseling center that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donations to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state-wise counseling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except for the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify for NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our inquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our inquiry form.
NOTE:If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission email@example.com