AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore
AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore was started in the Year 2002 by Laxmi Memorial Education Trust It is also known as A.J. Medical College Mangalore in Kerala. AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore foremost educational organization is a brainchild of educationist & philanthropist Mr A. J. Shetty. AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore began with the first batch of medical students enrolled in the year 2002. AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore is located on a 30-acre campus nestled amidst the plush greenery of this coastal paradise of Mangalore. The city is well connected by railways, roads, air, and seaports respectively. The various buildings and blocks of the college on the vast campus are elegantly built to complement the terrain.
AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore classrooms culminate the advances of the 21st century technology boom and Modern Medical Education to provide top-class education to the students. Laboratories are provided with Modern Equipments and high standard exhibits and slides to allow the students to consolidate the knowledge received in lecture halls.
The highly talented and experienced faculty of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore is pledged to mould its students into highly disciplined intellectuals of integrity. AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore promoting of all the Medical & Para Medical Institutions is Laxmi Memorial Education Trust. The Trust being a Family Trust was registered in the Year 1991 in the memory of Late. Laxmi Shetty mother of Mr. A.J Shetty who is the President and Managing Director of the Trust. The Trust is accorded the recognition of linguistic minority trust by the Government of Karnataka.
College details of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
|Name of College||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore|
|Popular Name||AJIMS Mangalore, AJ Medical College Mangalore|
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Category||MBBS/Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Approved by:- Medical Council Of India
Aid Status:- Private
Student Support in AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
Course Offered by AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
UG Course: Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
|MBBS||150||4.6+1 year Internship|
Other Course Offered By AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
Post Graduate MD/MS Courses recognized PhD. Centre for Basic Sciences
- BDS & Post Graduate MDS Courses
- MBA Program
- B.Sc. Nursing & Post Certificate Program in Nursing
- Diploma Program in Nursing Sciences
- BPT & MPT Post Graduate Program
- B.Sc./ M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Renal Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Optometry
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology
- Dental Mechanic Course
- Bachelor of Hospital Administration
- Master of Hospital Administration
- Diploma in O.T. Technology
- Laboratory Technology
- Dialysis Technology
- Medical Records Technology
- Ophthalmic Technology
- Health Inspector
- Bottom of Form
Faculty & Staff of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore provides a good number of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides good atmosphere of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to upgrading the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Age Criteria for AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
Candidates should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS Course.
Eligibility Criteria for AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/ She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotech combined.
Fee Structure of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
The fee structure of the college is as follows:
|Fees For Government Seats|
|Particular||Fee per annum|
|Fees For Private Seats|
|Particular||Fee per annum|
|Fees For NRI Seats|
|Particular||Fee per annum|
|Fees For Other Seats|
|Particular||Fee per annum|
Scholarship in AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College can offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to needy students.
- National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Government.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be granted is only under the consideration of college administration.
Cutoff for AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Candidates who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET Cutoff 2021
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore NEET Cutoff 2020
|Name of the Institute||1G||1K||1R||2AG||2AK||2AR||2BG||2BK|
|A.J.Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore||65118||—||—||73235||—||—||35667||—|
Seat Matrix of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore
|Name of the Institute||Other Quota Seats (Q)||NRI Seats (N)|
|AJ Institute of Medical Science, Mangalore||7||23|
Ranking and Reputation of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore
|Name of Institute||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Mangalore.
- 3.7 out of 5 stars on Best Medical Colleges in Karnataka.
Contact Details of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
Located in: A.J. Hospital & Research Centre
Address: NH 66, Kuntikan, Mangalore, Karnataka,India
Total enrollment: 580 (2020)
Institute Type: Private
Pincode– 575 004
Phone: +91 824 222 3359, 8242225533
Fax: +91 824 222 5541, +91 824 2222802
Official Website: ajims.edu.in
KARNATAKA NEET COUNSELLING 2021
ABOUT KARNATAKA NEET COUNSELLING 2021: The State government has a direct functioning body named as DME, Karnataka i.e. Directorate of Medical Education, Karnataka Responsible for conducting NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in undergraduate, postgraduate, and super speciality courses in India. The online counselling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counselling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for Karnataka NEET Counselling 2021: The counselling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not get filled even after the two rounds of counselling a mop-up round is called off to fill a vacant seats in the particular medical college. The process of counselling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration- Applicant willing to appear in counselling rounds of the admission process must fill a registration form on the official website i.e. www.dme.mponline.gov.in . The applicants have to pay Rs. 1000 for General Category and Rs. 500 for SC/ST/PH as the registration fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counselling.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the registration fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college.
Step 3: Deposition of Security Money- After locking up the college as their preference the applicant have to pay the security money via Demand Draft in favour of ‘Director of Medical Education, Karnataka. The Security deposit is different for medical college:
For Government Medical College- Rs. 1, 000
For Private Medical College- Rs. 5, 000
For Management Quota – Rs. 2, 00, 000
NOTE: If the applicant wouldn’t report for any rounds of the counseling session the security amount deposited by him/her shall be confiscated.
Step 4: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them.
Step 5: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college, the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant. The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents in order to get hassle-free counseling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Karnataka Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Security deposit.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counselling centre that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except for the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id –
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore:
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore.
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka.
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students in AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore.
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Answer: AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore offers MBBS course fees.
MBBS Course Fees:
Fees per annum
Answer: Eligibility – Candidates applying for MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology &English.
Answer: Affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Answer: Location -National Highway – 66, City – Kuntikan, District – Mangalore, State – Karnataka, India.