Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University,
The Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University is one of the oldest law institutes in India. The Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, is committed in providing excellent Law education with the help of faculty and they don’t let any stone unturned to prepare students’ for bright future. The teaching methodology and curriculum prepare the students and bring them closer to have looked in depth the law system and society as a whole.
The University was founded by Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviyaji in 1916. It is situated on the oldest cities on the banks of river Ganga, Varanasi and has some spirituality.
The Law School has developed a holistic approach towards understanding law and justice from a multi-disciplinary perspective. It offers various academic programmes to generate especially skilled global legal professionals. The Law School offers different and diverse courses in the field of law and justice.
The Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, is consistently working towards the transformation of best minds into a new generation of learned scholars hence boosting the legal system in India. The teaching method is a blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which help them in building their personality and communication skill.
At Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, the inner strengths of the students is recognized based on which the faculty provide solutions to their problems that they face in understanding the legal system in India. The aim is to develop a self assessment which is associated with legal professionals helping them to face and keep the pace with the current and fast changing World.
Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University:
|· Established in||1922|
|· Established under||UGC, BCI|
|· Total courses||3 courses in 1 stream, i.e. Degree courses LL.B (Hons), B.A. LL.B, L.L.M, PhD and Post Graduate Diploma in Law|
|· Approved by
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi|
|· Affiliated with||UGC, BCI|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Government College|
Address of Faculty of Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University:
Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Pin – 221005
Ph. No. 05422369018
Courses offered by Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University:
B.A.LL.B. :- The University offers 5 years integrated Hons. program i.e. B.A. LL.B. The total number of seats in B.A. LL.B is 120. There are 10 semesters during the five years course.
LL.B. :- The University offers 3 year program for all the graduate and accepts B.A./B.Sc./B.Com/Shastri at least(10+2+3 pattern). There are total 6 semesters in these 3 years.
The Postgraduate Program (L.L.M.) is a One year program having two semesters. The total number of seats offered by the University is 20. The course is of 2 semesters.
Post Graduate Diploma:
One Year Post Graduate Diploma Courses shall be part time regular courses. The total number of seats offered by University is 60
Admissions & Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility for Admission in UG Programme:
FOR B.A. LL.B:
- A candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Under-graduate Entrance Test (U.E.T.) leading to admission to B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 through open Universities System directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies shall not be eligible for admission to 5-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) course.
- Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission not below 50% of total marks in case of General category applicants; 45% in case of OBCs and 40% in case of SCs & STs applicants.
- Applicants should not be more than 20 years of age on July 1st of the year of seeking admission. However , applicants belonging to SCs; STs and OBCs should not be more than 22 years of age on July 1st of the year of seeking admission.
- A candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Under-graduate Entrance Test (U.E.T.) leading to admission to LL.B. (Hons.)
- Candidate should have passed B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./Shastri (at least 10+2+3 pattern) securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (Degree) mark sheet. OR any other Degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of admission to LL.B. Course securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years.
- Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age on July 1st of the year of seeking admission.
For PG (LLM) One Year Programme:
- A candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Post Graduate Entrance Test (PET) leading to admission to LL.M. (One Year) Degree Programme.
- B. or equivalent degree securing a minimum or 50 % marks in aggregate considering all the papers in Three Year: Five Year LL.B. Degree Course recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- The applicant should not be more than 35 years of age on July 1st of the year of seeking admission.
Campus Facilities at Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University,
SPORTS AND RECREATION
Several play grounds, stadia, Indoor stadia, Amphitheatre, Tennis courts, Squash courts, Volleyball courts, Basket ball courts, swimming pool, mountaineering club, Flying club, etc. are there to cater to the sportspersons needs.
The university facilitates its students with able coaches and practice space to compete at the various levels of tournaments. Besides Shivaji Hall Gymnasium, there are several other facilitations like Mountaineering Club,
Swimming Pool, Stadiums, Athletic Tracks, and Playgrounds for maintaining the physical wellness of the university community.
The Central Library is the ultimate heaven, for any person in search of knowledge, with an unimaginable 1.5 million books, numerous journals, magazines, weeklies, newspapers in different languages.
The Law school provides separate hostel facilities to boys and girls. There are three hostels for boys and six hostels for girls and other faculty as well. The university is committed to zero tolerance to ragging inside the campus.
There are health centres for students and staff members located all across the Campus providing health care services 24X7. These are available for free (concessional rates) to the students, scholars and staff members.
Apart from these Hostels with wifi, Transportation for
Students, 24 hour electric and power supply, over 6 branches of nationalized Banks, ATMs, 3 Post Offices, Telephone exchange, Railway Reservation Centre and many other facilities are provided by the Law School, BHU.
Faculty and staff at Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University,
An excellent team of teachers and selected student body, is a part of faculty which engages the students in a learning process and involves them in taking part of the course period at different levels, thus enhancing their confidence level and communication skills.
Placements by Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University:
- Areness Attorneys
- Athena Legal
- Advocates and Solicitors
- AZB and Partners
- Chaudhary Law Offices
- Chaubey and Associates
- Good Faith Law Office
- Indian Law Associates
- Innovis Law Partners
- Integrity Law Offices
- Kasana and Associates
- Kaushik and Kaushik Company
- Lotus Law Partners
- Maheshwari and Company
- Naks and Partners
- Neeraj and Associates
- Network of Advocates and Legal Consultants
- Phoenix Legal
- P M Law Associates
- Pulastya Legal Services
- Rahul Gupta and Associates
- UNUC Legal LLP
- Aarohan, New Delhi
- ADHAAR Welfare Society, Delhi
- Bal Sakha, Patna
- Chetanalaya, New Delhi
- D- Foundation, Varanasi
- RLEK, Dehradun
- Red Cross Society, Jamshedpur
- PUCL, Jaipur
- Samadhan, Dehradun
- SAMADHAN Dalit Mahila Legal Helpline Centre (NGO), Dehradun
- India Legal Research Foundation, Noida
- Generation Next Social Welfare Association, Puducherry
- Centre For WTO Studies, IIFT, New Delhi
- Centre for Innovation, Intellectual Property and Competition, NLU Delhi
- And so many others
Q-1 How many courses are offered by Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University?
Ans: The University offers 3 course in 1 stream i.e. LL.B (Hons), B.A.LL.B (Hons), LL.M and PhD.
Q.2 Do I need to give any exam for getting admission at Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University?
Ans: Yes, there is an exam as U.E.T (Undergraduate Entrance Test) for undergraduate courses and P.E.T. (Post Graduate Entrance Test) for post graduate courses
Q.3 What is the total number of seats for B.A. LL.B Course?
Ans: The intake capacity is upto 120 seats
# Ranked 5th by India Today’s India’s best Law college in 2019.
# Ranked 8th by Outlook India’s Top 25 law colleges in 2017.
# Ranked 7th in India by The Week’s “Top Law Colleges 2019.
# Ranked 3rd by NIRF among largest residential institutions in Asia in 2018.
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
Get a clear idea of the law colleges you can get based on your CLAT UG 2020 rank Get Cut off, Fees, Placements and Admission Information of LAW colleges using Admission Advice CLAT UG College Predictor 2020.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com
We will be very grateful to you!