Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar is one of the famous Government Medical College in Karnataka. It is popularly known as Karwar Medical College situated in Karwar Karnataka. It was founded in Year 2016. Karwar Medical College is one of the best Medical colleges in Karnataka. KIMS Karwar is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by the Medical Council of India.
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karwar (KIMS Karwar) services for residents of the city and the village of Karwar regional hospital is a teaching hospital associated with the Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar, Karwar. The strength of the hospital is 400 with clinical structures available in different departments such as Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiology, Physiotherapy and Forensic Medicine. The blood bank and emergency room are available 24 hours.
Campus Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar campus has spread over 75,000 sqm, this campus has college buildings are built in 32,000 sqm. Hospital and residential and Hostel complexes are built up with more than 47,000 sqm. Hospital buildings are built with separate OPD blocks and College buildings are included with Demo room, Common rooms, Laboratory, Skill Lab, Computer Lab, Library, Auditorium, Examination halls, and etc.
Location Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar is located at Karwar City of the Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka State, India. The city is a picturesque and peaceful place and connected to the Arabian Sea on the west side and the Western Ghats on the east side and located 500km from Bangalore, the state capital of Karnataka.
Karwar Medical College is located within a city as KSRTC Bus Stand from the college is 1.5 km. Karwar Railway station is main rail junction at a distance of 7.2 km from the college, can reach within 20 min through MG Road to Ashram Road. The nearest airport of the college is Goa International Airport, also known as Dabolim Airport situated 80 km. Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar (KIMS) offers the MBBS course at the UG level. This course has a total annual intake of 150 students.
College Summary of Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karwar Karnataka:
|Name of Institute||Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar|
|Popular Name||KIMS Karwar, Karwar medical college|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male & Female)|
|Category||Medical College in Karnataka|
|Total MBBS Seats||150|
|Tuition Fees||Rs 60,000/-|
|Hostel Fees||Rs 4000/-|
|AIQ Relocation Fees:||Rs 6,635/-|
|All India Ranking||237|
|Karnataka State Ranking||35|
|Recognition||World Health Organization(WHO)|
|Affiliated Hospital||Karwar Institute of Medical Science Hospital|
|Other Names||Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar, Karwar Medical College, Government Medical College in Karwar, Karwar Government Medical Institute.|
|Address||Karwar Institute of Medical Science,MG Rd, Kodibag, Karwar, Karnataka – 581301|
|Contact||91 8382-223901, 08382226650|
The infrastructure of Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar:
Karwar Medical College has 2 lecture theatres with a seating capacity of 180 students in each and lecture theatres are under construction in Hospital buildings, these lecture halls are built in gallery type with all facilities like audio and video aid. Laboratories in this college are built up with all sorts of facilities.
Karwar Government Medical College Central Library is built in 1251 sqm. This has well structured with a stack room, inside the reading room and outside the reading room each with 80 students seating capacity. Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Library has 3,521 medical books and a total of 20 Journals included with 14 Indian and 6 foreign journals are available.
Karwar Government Medical College Hostel and residential complex are built-in 24,027sqm area inside the campus. There is a separate hostel available for both boys and girls, Hostels are provided with good water, a hygienic atmosphere, and good canteen facilities. Undergraduate students hostel is available with 113 rooms with facilities like study rooms with computers and the internet, recreation room with TV, Music and indoor games are available.
Faculty & Staff in Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
KGM College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Affiliated Hospitals of Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Hospital is built in 23,000 sqm and OPD blocks. This hospital has 300 teaching beds and clinical facilities available in various departments, such as Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiology, Physiotherapy, Forensic Medicine. The blood bank and emergency facilities are available 24 hours. To facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of patients, the hospital is equipped with a state-of-the-art laboratory. Here more than 1000 outpatients are visiting daily and 90% of beds are occupied for inpatients care.
These 300 beds are distributed to the respective medical departments, pediatrics ward with 24 beds, General Medicine has 72 beds and General surgery has 90 beds, orthopedic with 30 beds, ophthalmology and ENT department has 10 beds in each and obstetrics and gynecology has 40 beds. Orthopedics has 30 beds and balance beds are distributed to the respective departments. There are 6 operation theatres are available as 4 major and 2 minor. ICCU, ICU, NICU or PICU and SICU have 5 beds in each. These are available with Sophisticated Radiological facilities.
Health Centers – Primary Health Centers and Rural/Urban Health Training Centers
- RHTC – Angadi located 13 km from the college
- UHTC – Chittakula located 05 km from the college
Course Offered by Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar:
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar and Research Centre Karwar offers MBBS -Under Graduate Course with a total intake of 150 Seats annually, and the seats are allotted 15% for All India Quota and 85% for Karnataka State Government Quota.
|MBBS||150||4.5 Years + 1 Year Internship|
The MBBS Course is a four and a half year period followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship.
The lasting 12-month internship. Admission to the MBBS program is based on the candidate marks obtained in the NEET-UG rank held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance test based|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET UG|
Eligibility Criteria for Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar :
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Must have passed two year PUC examination of Karnataka State with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English language.
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent by RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore.
- Must have secured not less than 50% marks in optional subjects and English (40% for SC/ST).
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Reservation Criteria
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility criteria is provided to Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Relaxation of 10% marks in provided to the candidates belonging to OBC, SC and ST category under the minimum eligibility criteria.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/ She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
Fee Structure of Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
The fee structure of the college is as follows:
Amount to be paid at the time of Admission: 66,350/-
Hostel Fee: Rs. 4,000/- Per Month
The scholarship is given by the Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
NEET Cutoff 2021
Cut-off Percentile And Score As Per Mci/dci Regulations
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
|OBC- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||157|
|SC- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||59|
|ST- PwD||40th Percentile||121-108||14|
Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar NEET Cutoff 2020 for Govt. Quota:
|Name of the Institute||1G||1K||1R||2AG||2AK||2AR||2BG||2BK|
|Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar||58413||71141||—||65865||75874||71443||58344||89439|
Seat Matrix of Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar:
|Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar|
Ranking and Reputation KIMS Karwar Karnataka
|Name of Institute||Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karwar|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Kanwar.
- We would like to give 4.0 out of 5 stars on the Top MBBS College in Karnataka
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in the following ways:
- It is a Neet rank-based admission counseling center that provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Question on Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar:
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karnataka.
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karnataka.
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students (MBBS) in Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karnataka.
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Answer: Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karnataka offers MBBS Fees: Rs. 67,000/- & Hostel Fees – 4000/- Rs. Per Month.
Answer: Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
Answer: Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
Answer: Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar is located at Karwar City of the Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka State, India.