Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore offers a B.A.,LL.B. i.e. a 5-year integrated dual degree in Law. Internships are provided from the 1st year of the program only. The first year students of the academic institution are offered internships at NGOs. From the 2nd year to the final year, students would have completed their internship in various prestigious law firms, companies & other organizations all across the nation. Almost 55% of the students get placed various sectors including litigation firms after completing the course from Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore.
“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
Hence, the strict discipline followed by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore and the tough curriculum may seem bitter at first, but the fruits of knowledge and the foundation of legal studies developed at the end of the program at the college would certainly taste sweet. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore further aims to espouse such innovative methods which can possibly change the way students learn, get trained, acquire knowledge and communicate, thus creating professionalism among them. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore was incepted in the year 1993 at Jayanagar and is one of the premiere law institutes in Bangalore till date. It is now housed in an Independent building in the Basavanagudi Campus. The educational Institute is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, (KSLU) Hubli, Karnataka and approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi. It offers a 5-year integrated dual degree called B.A.,LL.B. which amalgamates area of Arts with Law.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore: Facts in Brief
|· Established in||1993|
|· Established under||BHS Managing Committee (established in 1942)|
|· Total courses||1 in one stream (Law)|
|· Approved by
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi|
|· Affiliated with||Karnataka State Law University (KSLU)|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Private College|
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore: Contact Details
Address: Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore
Vijaya College Campus, R.V. Road,
Basavanagudi, Bangalore – 560 004
Telephone / Fax: 91-80-26933227 /26933231
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course offered by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore:
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws):
Duration = Five Year Integrated Degree Course
Through this integrated Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws (B.A., LL.B.) Programme in Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore, arts and law subject as are prosecuted simultaneously keeping in mind, the latest Bar Council of India rules and the course level goes according to the prescribed rules authorized by KSLU. B.A.LL.B. provides a Higher Academic Standard to the program as it requires in-depth learning of legal studies and Art subjects. The curriculum at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies,Bangalore is framed in such a way that each Academic year is divided into two Semesters with focus given to Law studies (with specialization in any one subject), along with Arts being the secondary study course. B.A. provides basics of general knowledge and intellectual skills among students. Through legal studies, a set of categorized rules and regulations under which any society or country is governed, is taught.
Such participative teaching methodology have been adopted by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies which gives an emphasis on practical and experiential legal education so as to instil not just the legal knowledge but also the requisite skills.
Admission criteria and eligibility for Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies:
- The candidates applying to Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies should have successfully completed Pre-University course or Senior Secondary School Course (‘+2’) or equivalent such as (11 + 1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by the State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course
- The candidates who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate of First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method are also eligible
- The candidates who have obtained 10+2 or graduation or post-graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible
- The minimum percentage criteria in qualifying examination for applying at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is 45%(44.5% and above shall be treated as 45%) of total marks in case of general category applicants and 40%(39.5% and above shall be treated as 40%) of total marks in case of SC and ST applicants.
- Admissions are taken strictly on the basis of the merit (total marks obtained in the qualifying examination). Provided that while making admission to the course reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka governing admission to higher educational Institutions issued from time to time shall be applied.
- Age bar for applying to Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies: Maximum age for seeking admission is limited to 20 years in case of general category of applicants and up to 22 years in the case of applicants from SC, ST and other backward communities as on 1st June of the year of application.
Campus Facilities at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies:
- Girls Hostel in the campus
- Seminar Hall
- Digital Lab
- Large Play ground
- Basket Ball Court
- Syndicate Bank Branch
- Spacious Parking facility
- Wi-Fi facility
- Axis ATM Counter
- Syndicate ATM Counter
- Cultural Committee
- Literary Committee
- Moot Court Committee
- 24*7 security
- Medical facility
- Clean drinking water
Faculty and staff of Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies:
The faculty members at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies which comprises teaching staff, non-teaching staff and visiting faculty are group of eminent educationists and philanthropists. They play a crucial role in imparting legal education among students bringing substantive expertise, innovativeness and a generous commitment of their time together with unique teaching pedagogy. The Guest faculty who are invited by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies from time to time, consists of practising advocates mainly, who bring with them the many diverse perspectives to the legal curriculum.
All of them are very helpful, readily available and very open-minded to opinions of the students. Being always around highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty, excellent notes and research are always accessible to the students of Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies has constantly been ranked as one of the top law schools in India:
- India Today ranked it 22nd in India and 5th Best among colleges in Bangalore in 2019
- Outlook ranked it 21st in India and 4th Best among colleges in Bangalore in 2019
- The Week ranked it 32nd in India and 7th Best among The Week ranked colleges in Bangalore in 2019
Q-1 How many courses are offered by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies?
Ans. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies offers only one course in the Law stream which is a 5-year integrated dual degree program called B.A., LL.B.
Q-2 Is there any age bar for seeking admission in Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies?
Ans. Yes, Maximum age for seeking admission is limited to 20 years in case of general category and up to 22 years in the case of applicants from SC, ST and other backward communities as on 1st June.
Q-3 What is the link for syllabus PDF of B.A.LL.B at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies?
Ans. The link to for syllabus PDF of B.A.LL.B at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies = http://www.bils.ac.in/Syllabus2019.PDF
Q-4 What is the fees of B.A.LL.B at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies?
Ans. The Candidates admitted to the Five Year B.A., LL.B. course will have to pay the tuition and other fees as prescribed by the University (Karnataka State Law University) from time to time.
Q-5 Is there provision of internships during B.A.LL.B by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies?
Ans. Yes, 20 weeks of internship during the entire period of legal studies under NGO, Trial and Appellate Advocates, Judiciary; Legal Regulatory authorities, legislatures and Parliament, other Legal functionaries, Market Institutions, Law Firms, Companies and Local Self Government is provided by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies.
The 1st year students are encouraged by Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies to do internships in NGOs. From the 2nd year to the final year, students complete their internship in various prestigious law firms and companies.
To name a few major LAW FIRMS:
- ALMT LEGAL.
- AMARCHAND & MANGAL DAS & SURESH A. SHROFF&CO.
- ANAND ASSOCIATES.
- S.SHAH LAW FIRM.
- AZP & PARTNERS.
- BANGALORE LAW ASSOCIATES.
- MURALI &CO.
- SHASTRY & CO.
- SIGHANIA &CO.
- SUNDARASWAMY, RAMDAS & ANAND ADVOCATES.
- THIRU & THIRU.
- UDWADIA & UDESHI, SOLICITORS
- THE INDIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY.
- GREEN PEACE
- TEACH FOR INDIA
- BAJAJ ALLIANZ.
- MECON LTD.
- MIND CREST
- CLUTCH GROUP.
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com