All India Law Entrance Test 2020
The National Law University is the authorised body to conduct All India Law Entrance Test 2020. The All India Law Entrance Test 2020 is a national level exam conducted to grant admission at National Law University, Delhi. After qualifying the examination candidates can take admission in various courses in law stream i.e. 1 year LL.M, 5 year B.A. LL.B. and Ph.D. Different Law programs have different intake capacity of seats i.e. there are 110 seats in BA LLB course. There are 10 additional seats meant for foreign Nationals which were offered direct admission on the basis of the merit list prepared by the University. The availability of seats in LLM course is contended to 70 seats and 10 seats are reserved for the foreign nationals.
About National Law University, Delhi:
With the establishment in the year 2008, NLU Delhi keeps the momentum and ranked 2nd in Law colleges in India by MHRD led by the National Institute Ranking Framework also known as NIRF in the year 2019. The University is dedicated and devoted in promoting the legal and ethical values of the constitution of India which never be parted from the Law making authorities in the country. The University has collaborations with esteemed law school abroad which help in exchange to legal program and advancements in the field of law globally. The University has also access in the different courts of India which helps the students to understand the working culture in the courts of India.
National Law University, NLU, Delhi:- Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||2008|
|· Established under||UGC, BCI, NAAC|
|· Total courses in Law||3 courses in one stream B.A. LLB, LLM, PhD in law|
|· Approved by
|Bar Council of India,|
|· Affiliated with||UGC, BCI|
|· Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
NLU, Contact details:
National Law University
Sector – 14, Dwarka
New Delhi 110078
Contact: 011- 28034257
Syllabus for All India Law Entrance Test 2020:
Language Comprehension: The English language consists of contents like: Reading comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Figures of Speech, Proverbs, Grammar portions, Homonyms, Vocabulary, One Word Substitution.
Mathematics: Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical Reasoning, Deductive Reasoning, Algebra, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Basics of Geometry, Odd-Even Discretion, Logical Fallacy, Analogy, Syllogism Agreement and Disagreement.
Logical Reasoning: Blood Relations, Syllogism, Series, Directions, Critical Reasoning, Analogy.
General Knowledge: International events, UN bodies, Major developments in the areas of sports, Pacts, Olympics, geopolitics and important environmental agreements, Current affairs, Eminent personalities, Sports, Awards and honours.
Legal Aptitude: Legal terms, Indian Constitution, its structure, sections and schedules, Law of Crimes, Right to Information Law, Contracts and Constitutional Law, Torts, Vicarious Liability, IPC and the CRPC, International Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity, Strict Liability.
Syllabus for L.L.M
- Candidates can check the syllabus for L.L.M course below.
- Law of Torts, Property Law Intellectual Property Law, Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Family Law, International Law, Jurisprudence.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for All India Law Entrance Test 2020.
For UG Course:
Mode of Exam: The exam will be held in offline
Time Duration: Time awarded for exam is 2 Hours 30 Min.
Medium of Instruction: English
Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions
Maximum Questions: 150 questions
Positive Marking: 01 mark for every correct answer.
Negative Marking: Deduction of 0.25 marks for incorrect
|S.No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
Exam Pattern for Ph.D.
Mode of examination: Exam is conducted in offline mode.
Duration: The duration of the test is 90 minutes.
Type of Questions: The questions for Ph.D. courses are
based on Research Methodology and
Legal Research Aptitude.
Marking Scheme: Candidates get 1 mark for each
correct answer and lose 0.25 marks
for each wrong answer.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Exam Dates
The official schedule for All India Law Entrance Test 2020 has been released by the exam coordinating body. The schedule for the exam is tabulated below:
Important Dates related to All India Law Entrance Test 2020
|Application form||January 15, 2020|
|Application form – Deadline||April 08, 2020|
|Admit card release date||April 22, 2020|
|Examination Date||May 03, 2020|
|Result Declaration for B.A. LL.B (H)||May 28, 2020|
|Result Declaration for LLM||June 08, 2020|
|Result Declaration for PhD||July 20, 2020|
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Exam Centres
Id Proof: Candidates must carry a valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the exam centre failing to which candidates were not be allowed to write All India Law Entrance Test 2020.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have gone thoroughly through the eligibility criteria required to give All India Law Entrance Test 2020. The program BA LLB have certain criteria that needs to be fulfilled by the applicants failing to which they would not been able to sit in the exam. The eligibility criteria for BA LLB course is given below:
- Candidates who have completed their Senior Secondary from the CBSE/ISC or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in their 12th
- Age is no bar for this programme
- Candidates awaiting for their Senior secondary results can also apply for All India Law Entrance Test.
For PG Course i.e. LLM
- Candidate applying for LLM must have completed their graduation in the Law i.e. LLB which can be of 3 or 5 years with 55% marks in general category and 50% marks is required for the SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are waiting for their results in LLB examinations are also eligible.
For PhD course in Law
- Candidates with LLM degree from any recognised university can apply.
- Candidate must have secured at least 55% marks in the qualifying degree examination in general category and 50% in SC/ST category. Or
- The candidates who have completed their law degree along with a master’s degree such as MPhil in Social Sciences/ Humanities from any recognised university with minimum 55% marks. Or
- Candidates who had worked as a State High Court Judge in India for at least three years or Judge at Supreme Court of India are also eligible for applying in PhD in Law
How to fill All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Application Form:
Application forms are available at the official website of NLU Delhi, i.e. www.nludelhi.ac.in. Students who are interested and also fulfil the eligibility criteria of the particular course can apply by submitting all the required documents asked per the format. The application form with application fee is considered to be the final submission of the Application form.
Steps to fill Application form:
Step 1: The first step is to create an account by
entering all details asked in the required format
Step 2: In the second step, candidates can get their application
Form and enter all the asked details and upload all the
required documents and images in the asked file size.
Step 3: At final step candidates have to pay the asked amount
of application fee and complete the application process
by finally submitting the details of the application fee
Required document needed at the time while filling the All India Law Entrance Test 2020 Application Form:-
- A valid Email ID
- A valid Mobile Number for receiving sms at the time of application.
- Candidate’s passport sized photograph
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Degree mark sheet, if applicable
- Category certificate, who are applying in other than general category.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020:- Application Fees:
- The Fees for the application for All India Law Entrance Test 2020 is
- INR 3050 for General/OBC/EWS/J&K residents
- INR 1050 for SC/ST/Persons with Disability along with requisite copy of documents to support their category
- Applicants of BPL from SC/ST category are exempted from application fees. They can upload their related category document when asked.
Note: Candidates can pay the application fee for All India Law Entrance Test 2020 online by credit card/debit card or by internet banking and fee can be submitted in offline mode by depositing the cash amount at post office.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Admit Card
The Hall ticket/Admit card can be available only through online mode by downloading it from the official website of the NLU Delhi, there is no other way to get the admit card and the candidate have to take few copies of the admit card for future references as well. Students must carry the admit card to the examination centre with a valid Id proof failing to which they were not allowed to give the exam.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Result
The Result is the base of preparation of merit list on the basis of which the candidate is to given admission in the desired course. The candidate can check the result on the official website of the NLU Delhi website. There is no provision for sending the result or score card via e-mail or post. Students can check their names and the merit card prepared by the NLU in order to check their status.
All India Law Entrance Test 2020: Counselling
After the declaration of result NLU calls all the selected candidates to appear for the counselling of All India Law Entrance Test 2020. Candidates who have qualified AILET for admission to B.A.LL.B and L.L.M. courses are required to appear for All India Law Entrance Test 2020 counselling.
Find links to other important aspects related to Law Counselling 2020 here:
Q: What is the address of NLU, Delhi?
A: The address of NLU, Delhi is
National Law University
Sector – 14, Dwarka
New Delhi 110078
Contact: 011- 28034257
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
We will be very grateful to you!