All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi was operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is governed by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act. All India Institute Of Medical Sciences was established in New Delhi after then Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s initial proposal to set up the Institute in Calcutta. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi was established as an Institution of national importance by the Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate & Post-graduate Medical. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi Institute has comprehensive developed for teaching, research and patient-care. As provided in the Act, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi conducts some programs in Medical & Para-Medical courses both at Undergraduate & Postgraduate levels and awards its own degrees. Courses are conducted in 42 disciplines. In the field of medical research All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is the lead, having more than 600 research publications by its faculty and researchers in a year. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi also runs a College of B.Sc. Nursing Post-certificate degrees. Twenty-five clinical departments including four super specialty centers manage practically all types of disease conditions with support from Pre & Para-clinical departments.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is a medical school, hospital and public medical research university. The institute is ranked 1 in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, ranked 1 in South Asia & 231 in the world in the category of Life Sciences & Medicine. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi was established as a super-specialty tertiary care centre with primary emphasis on research and specialized training facilities. MBBS is the main medical course at bachelor’s degree level. This is followed by master’s degree level specialization in general surgery, general internal medicine, pediatrics and other fields. Super specialties are those healthcare fields whose practitioners need specialized certification after completing their Post Graduation, examples being cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, rheumatology, neurology, and pediatric neurology. There are at least 45 super specialties at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi at higher master’s degree level. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi also offers M.Sc. and PhD level research courses. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi develop a pattern of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India. To attain self sufficiency in postgraduate in medical education. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical biological sciences. Nursing and dental education. Health care : preventive, primitive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi offers 146 specializations across 15 courses. The courses are MBBS, MD/MS, MDS, DM/M.Ch, DM/M.Ch, MD Hospital Administration, Fellowship, PhD, B.Sc., B.Sc. (Honours), B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic), & M.Sc.
College Summary of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi :
|Name of college||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Type of Institute:||Autonomous
|Type||Public medical school|
|Dean||Vinay Kumar Bahl|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Basic Selection Criteria: ||Entrance Exam|
|Admission Criteria||MBBS, B.Sc:10+2 with PCB; MD, MS: MBBS; MDS: BDS; DM, M.Ch: MD/MS; M.Sc: B.Sc|
|Entrance Exam||MBBS: NEET UG; MDS, MD, MS: AIIMS PG|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi offers various best-in-class medical graduation and post-graduation courses and awards degrees under its own name. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has been consistently ranked the top medical college in India. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has been considered a dream college by all the medical aspirants since decades.
- BSc (Hons.)
- M.H.A. [Hospital]
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi : Main Campus
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi main campus is located in Ansari Nagar in Delhi. It is adjacent to the South Extension-II market and lies on the both sides of Sir Aurobindo Marg, southwards to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi Roundabout flyover crossing.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi Main campus is spread mainly into 5 locations:
- East Campus – Containing OPD Block, Main Hospital Block, Ward Block, Medical College, Research Section, Convergence Block, BB Dixit Library, Administrative Wing, Undergraduates Hostels, Central Lawn, Jawaharlal Auditorium and staff quarters.
- West Campus – It comprises mainly staff quarters and residences.
- JPNA Trauma Center – It is exclusively designated for Emergency services. In June 2018 a tunnel + ramp-road link between East campus and JPNA Trauma Center Campus was also opened. This link route is very useful in fast transferring of critical patients across the two Campuses.
- Ayurvigyan Nagar Campus – It is too for faculty and staff’s residential accommodations.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi provides quality of education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||107||4.6+1 Years Internship|
General – 51, OBC – 27, SC – 15, ST – 7
Foreign – 7
Total – 107 Seats for MBBS
Courses Offered by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
MD (Hospital Administration)*
B.Sc. (Post Basic)
|Paramedical||B.Sc. in Medical Technology in Radiography
Bachelor of Optometry
- Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine and Critical Care
- Academic Section
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery (CTVS)
- Centre for Community Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Finance Division
- Geriatric Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Human Nutrition
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Laboratory Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Nursing Department
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders
- Radio Diagnosis
- Reproductive Biology
- Research Section
- Surgical Disciplines
- Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics
- Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
Eligibility Criteria of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi :
- The student should have obtained 60% in his 10+2 Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Sciences (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry And Biology.
- The required percentage is 50% in case of SC/ST candidates.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi : (2021) Exam Pattern
- The question paper comprises of 200 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Awareness, Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
- The distribution of questions in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 2019 was as follows:
|Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||10|
- Aspirants would be awarded +1 for every correct answer and a penalty of -1/3 for every incorrect answer.
- Minimum eligible score for the entrance of MBBS is 50 percentile for general category candidates and 40 percentile for SC/ST category candidate.
- The paper is available in Hindi and English language. Candidates may choose the language while filling the applying for the examination.
Reseration Policy of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
For MBBS seats as of now, there are total 107 seats out of which 27 are reserved for OBC, 15 for SC and 8 for SC category students. 5% seats are reserved for PwD candidates of each category. 7 seats are reserved for foreign nationals.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi Fees Structure:
|Name of the Institute||Tuition Fees
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi||1628||4228|
Fees & Other Payments A. Indian Nationals: The dues are to be paid in cash or through Card
immediately, after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the Institute as per details
Academic & Other Fees Hostel & Other Fees
1 Registration Fee 25.00 Hostel Rent 990.00
2 Caution Money 100.00 Gymkhana Fee 220.00
3 Tuition Fee 1350.00 Pot Fund 1320.00
4 Laboratory Fee 90.00 Electricity Charges 198.00
5 Student Union Fee 63.00 Mess Security (Refundable) 500.00
6 Hostel Security (Refundable) 1000.00
Total: 1628.00 Total: 4228.00
NEET Cutoff 2021 –
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release NEET 2021 cutoff percentile along with the release of bulletin. While the cutoff of NEET 2021 scores equivalent to percentile will be announced along with the result. NEET cut off 2021 varies for each category. Medicos must secure NEET 2021 minimum cutoff percentile and scores to qualify the offline entrance exam. NEET cutoff 2021 for General category candidates is 50th, while qualifying percentile for SC/ST/OBC aspirants will be 40th. Aspirants who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS abroad must also pass the exam by securing NEET cut-off percentile and scores in order to be deemed eligible. The undergraduate level is small with an intake of only 107 students per year for the MBBS course. Seats are reserved category wise as follows: (As per the official prospectus of 2019 session)
NEET Cutoff 2020 of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
|Name of the Institute||Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop up Round||Stary Round|
An additional 5% horizontal sub-reservation within each category for PWBD (Persons with Benchmark Disabilities) belonging to the respective categories is also implemented.
Entrance exam is of a totally Online Computer Based Test pattern. Selection is purely on a Merit-basis.
Men constitute nearly 80% of student population. AIIMS (New Delhi) has a cosmopolitan culture with students from all over India as well as from other nations such as Maldives, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Mauritius and more. A variety of Indian cultural festivals and most major international festivals are celebrated.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi – MBBS Cut Off Round 1
Institutional Preference Seats Matter
Around year 2002 All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi decision to reserving 33% of post-graduation seats as Institutional preference seats for its own undergraduate MBBS students, resulted in a controversy as it practically resulted in a 100% reservation for subjects, was struck down by the Supreme Court of India. In 2006 Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss, who was a supporter of 27% reservation for Other Backward Classes, caused a controversy when he replaced P. Venugopal with T. D. Dogra as Director of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi . The initial personality conflict between Ramadoss and Venugopal later become politicized as a conflict on reservation issue, as anti-reservation students and faculty of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi went on strike in favor of Venugopal. The issue was put to rest when Venugopal was reinstated by the Supreme Court.
Aspirants seeking admission to 5 year 6 months Full-time MBBS Program should meet the following criteria as specified by the institute.
Candidate must have passed 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized board with Biology as an additional subject.
Candidates must qualify one of the following entrance test – NEET
Candidate should have attained the age of 17 years as on the 31st December of the year of admission.
Tuition fees of US $ 75,000/-(divided in 3 equal installments for pre-clinical phase, para clinical phase and clinical phase of
Course Curriculum Overview
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi admits 77 students for MBBS course every year through a competitive entrance examination. The distribution details are as under:- 1. 37 Seats for General Candidates 2. 11 Seats for Scheduled Castes 3. 05 Seats for Scheduled Tribes 4. 19 Seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC) 5. 05 Seats for Foreign Nationals 6. For Indian Nationals 3% reservations for orthopedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available.
Contact Details of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi :
|Address||Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 1100608
|Telephone Numbers||91-11-26588500, 26588700, 26589900|
|Fax Nos||91-11-26588663, 26588641|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Question1. Are hostel facilities available in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi ?
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi .
Question2. How can one apply for hostel accommodation?
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi .
Question3. How to take admission in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi ?
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Question4. What is the cut-off for taking admission?
Answer: It keeps on changing year-wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam.
Question5. How many seats are available for UG students?
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi .
Question6. Is there any other way of taking admission in the college?
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Q7. What is the fee of the courses offered by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi?
Answer: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi offers MBBS course fees.
MBBS Course Fees:
|Course||Fees per annum|
|NRI Quota||40,12,450/- Rs.|
|Private Quota||6,95,550/- Rs.|
Question8. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi ?
Answer: Eligibility – Candidates applying for MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology &English.
Question9. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is affiliated to which university?
Answer: Affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Question10. Where is the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi located?
Answer: Location – National Highway – 66, City – Kuntikan, District – Mangalore, State – Karnataka, India.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in the NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our inquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our inquiry form.
- You can contact us for any further admission-related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
We will be very grateful to you!