JEE Main is the first stage of the national level engineering examination for admission to the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). CBSE has released JEE Main 2017 exam dates officially. It will be conducted on April 2, 2017 in offline mode and April 9-10, 2016 in online mode. The application form will be available from December 2, 2016. Candidates can apply online on JEE Main official website. Online registration for JEE Main 2017 can be completed from December 1 to January 11, 2016. This post will explain you the pattern of examination and question details.
Last year the states of Nagaland, Orissa and Gujrat had joined JEE Main and this year in 2017 Uttar Pradesh has also joined again JEE Main. So the students seeking admission to undergraduate engineering programmes need to apply through JEE Main 2017.
As per latest CBSE notification class 12th marks will not be considered in calculating JEE Main ranks. However, for admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs Candidates need to obtain minimum 75% marks in class 12th
What Is New In JEE (Main) 2017
Last year the IIT council formed a committee to introduce required changes in the JEE (Main) 2017 which has revised the following points in the pattern.
- Unlike last 3 years for calculation of JEE Main 2017 rank, no weightage would be given to class 12th marks obtained by the candidate.
- The students must have secured at least 75% marks in 12th or be in the top 20 percentile in the result of the board from which he has appeared the +2 examination. However the required marks percentage is relaxed up to 65% for SC/ST candidates.
JEE Main 2017 shall consists of two papers
- First paper shall have 3 parts i,e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All the 3 parts shall have equal weightage and shall contain objective type questions having four answers.
- Second paper shall have 3 parts i.e. Mathematics, aptitude test and drawing. Here also all the 3 parts shall have equal weightage and shall contain objective type questions having four answers, one of them is correct.
- As said above, the questions shall be objective type with four choices having one correct answer. Foe each incorrect answer one fourth of the total marks allotted to that specific question shall be deducted. If a question is not answered, no deduction shall be there. If a student writes more than one answer for a question, it shall be deemed as wrong answer.
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form||December 1, 2016|
|Last date of form submission||January 11, 2017|
|Payment of fee through Credit/Debit card/e-Challan||January 12, 2017|
|Availability JEE Main Admit Card||March 1, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 paper (Pen and Paper Based Test)||April 2, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 paper (Computer Based Test)||April 9-10, 2017|
|Publishing of JEE Main Answer Key||April 18, 2017|
|Declaration of score card and JEE Main merit list||April 27, 2017|
|Declaration of All India Rank||June 30, 2017|
IMPORTANT: As declared by the CBSE, The pattern keeps varying every year. The level of the examination shall be that of class 11 and 12th of the NCERT syllabus. From the past 2 years the total pass marks of the papers is declared by CBSE in the prospectus without declaring the number of the questions appearing in the exam.